The MT-07 Forum

Radiator Guard

Guru

I'm in Phoenix, Arizona. Riding season here is all year long. But, best time to tinker is the winter. Summer heat in the garage is unbearable.

ben

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I had great success making my radiator guard. Looks exactly like the example pics I posted earlier. Only mod I made differently was putting some aluminum angle bracket riveted to the bottom to make it more rigid in that location. Painted it black with some engine paint to withstand the heat and hopefully be durable enough against rock chips.

I got the metal at a local metal supply shop. $14 for a sheet big enough to do two units easily. I went with the octagon shape mesh. It won't impede airflow but should stop flying rocks, bugs, etc.

Pics are on my phone and I'm too lazy to upload them to my website for hosting. If you want to see them, PM me your email and I'll send.

Finished product.
uc?export=view&id=0B2DCeFVNPpHNamFDMnB6ZWw1cE0&authuser=0

uc?export=view&id=0B2DCeFVNPpHNRm1sWUtmNGk0LVE&authuser=0

ben

• 1 year later...

Where do you put the tape for the evotech radiator guard? On the solid metal part? Or the vent area? I'm confused to where to place those tape strips that are included with the evotech radiator guard for the Yamaha fz07 2016. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me where to put the tape. Thank you.

@ro The tape will be adhered to the top flat strip area of your radiator that's facing forward. It'll act as a vibration dampener and spacer for the guard pressing up against it.

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

Archived