The MT-07 Forum

Waiting on delivery

nmucat

Just bought my graphite and blue FZ-07. $7700 OTD in Ohio. Called a few dealers and had them price each other, I think I did alright. Now I have to wait a few days to get it :(
I sold a Honda Fury a month ago so it's a big change from a long and low cruiser.

• Global Moderator

Welcome to the forum. I am waiting for my bike too. I just found out it will be here next week. I am very excited. It has been a long six week wait.

• Premium Member

Join the waiting crowd. Put down my deposit on a white one. $7700 otd is good, i'm in Orlando and paid $7850.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Global Moderator

Hi nmucat ! Welcome and congrats on your purchase.

Quite an upgrade coming from a Fury. Did you get a chance to test ride it? If not, prepare to be amazed !

Yes I test rode one and could not stop grinning. I told the dealer I was sorry but could not help but pop wheelies every now and then. He said dont worry I did too.

I would not call it an upgrade from the Fury, the two bikes are at different ends of the bike world. Fury was a great bike an many are amazed when I tell them it was my first bike. Definitely will have to change my riding style with this bike compared to my old one. I'll be borrowing some traffic cones from work and practicing in the church parking lot across the street.

Nmucat , congrats. Waiting is hard! Welcome, I traded a honda away for my 7. The Yama is fun! , you'll love your fz ,
Hope the wait flys by 4 u.

Brap!

RRokay Raggie

Yeah I said bye bye to the vstar950 for the fz07 and am having a blast! It's a great bike and I'm sure you'll enjoy it and welcome!

• Global Moderator
...I would not call it an upgrade from the Fury, the two bikes are at different ends of the bike world. ...
Wow, no kidding. I'm not much into the Cruiser scene so I had to see your picture of a Fury. That is quite a change. I'd still call it an upgrade though haha

I also am waiting on a Grey one, and the dealer has quoted me $7600.00 OTD, if she can find one. If not, I have another dealer close by that has them on order and called me to say, sometime in August

Well when I was in the dealership last week they said probly Thursday or Friday it was at the warehouse and they put it on the next truck.

Well guess the warehouse is on the docks in Washington state! I called today asking for an eta, he said the above and that it was awaiting customs, WTF. How do you sell something you don't even have? I voiced my displeasure and he stated I will get back to you before the end of the weekend. Oh I'm getn something free out of this one.

• Global Moderator

Where in Washington are you? I am in Bellingham and just got mine Thursday from Skagit Powersports. I am not certain, but I was under the impression that the bikes arrived in California and were trucked to the warehouse in Kent, so they should have cleared customs already. Mine was on the next truck after it arrived at the warehouse.

• Global Moderator

Oh, that might slow it down a bit. At least you know it is in the country. I went over a month were all I knew is that it had left Japan but was not here yet.

Just talked to dealer, bike is on truck and should be here by Thursday at the latest. I hsve two options for pickup.

Option 1 for pick up is to use my trailer that us 83" long. I think the bike is 82". Can anyone measure from the leading edge of the from to the trailing edge of the rear. If not long enough I'll have to option 2.

Option 2 is to be dropped off and ride bike home if I can get someone to drive 45m round trip for nothing.

Now I'm excited.

• Global Moderator

I can't get over it how good these bikes look! Congrats!

The only part about the bike that bugs me are the shiny bits behind the motor and the tip of the exhaust. The relfectors and the tank sticker came off tonight. The tail get dealt with tomorrow along with the passenger pegs possibly.

Archived