The MT-07 Forum

New member in NOVA

Guest MXRider

Guest MXRider

Hello, my name is Josh and I'm a new member here. I have been riding and racing motorcycles since I was about 8 years old, mostly dirt bikes, but I've had a couple street bikes as well. While I do not have an FZ-07 yet, I am working on it and hope to get one over the next few months. I currently ride a 2013 YZ250 that I bought new this past April.

Looking forward to getting my FZ, modding it, and participating in this community. I checked one out just the other day at a local shop and am hoping to get a demo ride on one soon.

Here is a pic of my YZ250

DD3CADC3-52F5-4198-85C8-A0632457F8C0_zpsdloqdfzz.jpg

• Global Moderator

Welcome to the community. I think you will like it here. Please feel free to post any questions or comments, and especially photos when you get your bike.

• Global Moderator

Hey Josh ! Welcome at FZ07.org. You will like it here I am sure. Lots of good folks willing to help you out with all your questions.
You will be amazed when you take a demo for a test ride. You will love the low end torque coming from a YZ.
In the meantime: Rock on ! (your avatar lol)

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Guest MXRider

Thanks for the welcome.

@guru the engine is one of the appeals I have toward this motorcycle. I've spent some time on a few of the Yamaha parallel twins from the 70's and 80's like the 400 Special II and the XS500 and 650. I think it's cool Yamaha has brought back this engine with a cross plane firing order in a modern bike.

@admin what kind of off road bike are you riding?

I have a 2011 CRF450R right now but need to get something less revvy for the trails. That CRF wants to just fly right off the cliff with me on it! It flys.

Really want a Beta 520RS but they cost alot of $$. I also have a beat up old RM250 that I'm gonna rebuild this winter. I love Two Strokes.

Guest MXRider

Those Betas are very cool bikes. Have you considered a 2 stroke machine like the KTM XC line or the new Husqvarna (white KTM's) TE? They make them in 200, 250 and 300 cc and they are so nice to ride in the woods.

I'm building that RM 250 into a beast machine. I will probably punch the cylinder out and install a bigger piston. That's what I love about 2 strokes, so cheap to rebuild so you can just rail on em and if ya blow one up, you can rebuild it over night with a case of beer in the cooler and some good tunes on the garage stereo.

three bikes I will never own again are KTM's, BMW's or Harley's.

Mxrider, hi Sweet smoker. Hope u get an fz soooon. It's so fun.

Brap!

RRokay Raggie

Archived