The MT-07 Forum

1/4 Mile

josh88

What is your best 1/4 mile? 

Used an app called TCR and got 12.56 @ 100mph. I think with a good launch that I can get it in 11s or close. Want to try shifting around 8k instead of close to redline too. I had done my first wheelie earlier by gunning it in first on a back road by myself and busted my balls a little when it came back down. I felt they had enough for one day but will try with a better launch next time and post results. It shows corrected ET using DA of 12.27 @ 102 but not sure what that is about. The app is free and on iTunes. I couldn't find it in play store for my turbo so used my wifes phone - TCR app on itunes

h7Dau7i.jpg

• Premium Member

Pretty cool looking app there.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

I am also looking to hit the 1/4 mile a few times this summer...I have been looking into a " launch controller" by MSD [HASH]4350... According to the ppl at MSD the part will not work on the fz-07... And I am still waiting on a reply from MSD on why it won't work and which product will work... I know this bike is very capable of nice 60' or even 330 times...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

Why do you need a launch controller?

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member

I don't but I was curious if they had one cuz I have used em before with great success on other bikes...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

thomascrown

PCV has built in "launch control", but you have to splice the clutch switch wires, which is more trouble than it's worth.

Archived