The MT-07 Forum

Newbie from Belgium

livestrong

Hello,

I'm Björn, 26 and from Belgium.
Unfortunately Belgium, I ordered my MT07 race blue in januari, it would be delivered in march, march went june, june became august. They first delivered to all the other (bigger) countries.

I was tired of it so I bought the matte grey instead.

Ordered some accessoiries to, 2 sets led blinkers, steel mesh side covers in black, radiator side and front cover, sliders, axle protection, coolant reservoir cover, chain guard, Pilot xenon light, gps stay, DNA air-filter (will fit it after 1000K) and short license plate holder.

Probably I forgot some stuff. 1 big tip for everyone on this site, dont buy the license plate holder from yamaha to mount it like a tail tidy, they will brake and yamaha wont give a new one because in their instructions you have to mount it like the Original on, long.

Now there is one thing I'm still doubting on, thats the exhaust that I will order, Akra or Arrow, on Ebay they are around the same price, dealer is a bigger difference.
The carbon version of the Akra is the cheapest but never seen one mounted.
The Arrow I'm doubting between the carbon version of the alu dark version, don't really see a difference accept the yellow sticker.
I would mount it in short version by the way.

Akra is off course plug and play but the Arrow not, and if you mount it in short version you can't get a cat in it but I prefer the sound of the Arrow without dB-killer.
And so on ... :-) constantly doubting ...

I've been introduced on this forum thanks to Guru . Thank you for that ;-) But this was my intro, thanks for having me here! When the bike is finished I will make a thread with some pictures of the adjustments.

Regards,
Björn.

• Global Moderator

Haha, there he is! Good to have you here and welcome!

It's nice to see someone here from the old world. I am sure you will have lots to share because a most members here are still waiting for their bike and a lot accessories are not even available yet. There also differences compared to the MT version you have so it will be cool to see what's compatible and what not.

• Global Moderator

Wow, it sounds like you have almost spent as much on accessories as you did on the bike! Welcome to the forum.

• Global Moderator

I have that tail tidy and is seems fine to me. I will keep an eye on it.

• Global Moderator

I'd love to see more info and a write-up on your Pilot xenon light conversion.

Haha thanks guys! I have a few accessoiries, that's true :-) just ordered the Arrow exhaust! 615 euro (I think around 830USD) so a lot cheaper than the Akra.
For the licenseplate holder, my dealer had already 2 cracked plate holders, they brake just above the licenseplate itself.

The xenonkit was an easy job but more work than I suspected, there is not a lot of space to mount the ballast. But it's such a big difference for the looks and safety! Would advice it to everyone, and if you are doubting about the colour, the best is 6000K.

Will make a thread off my bike later on when the exhaust is mounted, if there are any questions I will do my best to answer. Hopefully you guys don't mind some spelling-faults but I do my best in English :-)

greetz

• Global Moderator

Thinking about those license plate holder problems you mention, It might be that the size of Euro plates is just too much to for the bracket.
Plates n North America a much smaller so it might not be a problem here.

Where did you end up putting the ballast of the xenon kit? Do you have Bi-xenon?

Guru, that's possible, the smaller they are is less wind they take.
I putted the ballast behind the ECU, there is a little bit of space, what I also did is a small piece of rubber around it to be sure when the ballast goes faulty it don't damage my ECU with the high voltage.
Yes it is H4 Bi-xenon, works perfect, actually just plug and play.

livestrong, welcome,

Cant wait to see pics of your exhaust! Glad you are here. Have a beer for me will ya?

Later, Meany

RRokay Raggie

• Global Moderator

Yes, I'll have a Palm and my wife a Kriek Lambiek  :D

Will do that Meany ;-) best after a ride with the bike I think :-).

Guru, will bring some beers to Canada in a few years ;-).

Archived