The MT-07 Forum

Chain Cleaning Kit

thestache

I am sure I can find 800 videos, and write ups, but was curious what kit do you guys use, do's/don'ts, rfequncy...etc. Any help will be appreciated as I have only ridden shaft or belt driven bikes 

Sincerely Chain Noob

I use the grunge brush and kerosene to clean the chain. As far as lube is concerned, I keep trying different brands until I find I really like.

I like this stuff and get it at Lowes. Got this tip on www.webbikeworld.com. Repels water, does not attract dirt and no fly-off. On my old bike I used chain wax once .. what a mess that makes. PJ1 Blue was good too. I use WD-40 to clean the chain. On my old bike I installed a center stand. Guess I need a paddock stand now.

http://store.tmcindustries.com/product.asp?itemid=36&gclid=CjwKEAjwxtKeBRDMzoeQmYn5uHcSJACGCF3DlVBlyCcw3sQ5UhhZrRnNthlBGP32-OvgSjNyNnaINxoC3BHw_wcB

• Global Moderator

I use Chain Wax. Works fine and a can lasts a long time.

I dearly miss a centre stand too. Still looking for a decent paddock stand. 

Well, just ordered me a grunge brush, and some Motul Chain Wax + Motul Chain Cleaner...gotta get me a drip tray, but can probably get that at Walmart

• Global Moderator

One of these grunge brushes?  

Btw, if I would buy this one, shipping would be higher then the actual price of the brush. Pfff.. what's up with that.

One of these grunge brushes?   
Btw, if I would buy this one, shipping would be higher then the actual price of the brush. Pfff.. what's up with that.
Yeah got it off Amazon though...i seriously need to use Ebay more :)

I just bought chain wax, to me it works great. to clean my chain I just use a old towel and wipe it down?

I like everything Motul (using their synthetic oils in my cars with excellent results - not just engine oil, but differentials as well), so I got myself some Motul chain paste with a brush applicator and some Motul chain cleaner with the Tirox spiral/screw cleaning brush (here). Did not use the cleaning stuff yet, but I lubed the chain once. I only have roughly 450 km on my bike, I plan to do this every 500 km, just because this way it's easier to remember.

Guru, if you like that brush and can't find it locally I will send you one.

Archived