The MT-07 Forum

New Member, with a new FZ-07 (soon)!

hobbs

• Premium Member

Hey guys! New member here in the Hampton Roads area of Va. Put a deposit in on a (hopefully) Graphite Grey/Blue yesterday. Told it should be in any time in August. We'll see though, fingers crossed.

Previous ride was a 76 CB550, so this should be a substantial upgrade. First new thing I've bought too, so stoked for that. Haven't really ridden much in the past 6 months, but hopefully weather shouldn't keep me off of this one and I can make up for lost riding time.

Looking forward to posting and reading within the community. Learned a lot so far browsing the forums.

Everything went braap.

• Global Moderator

Welcome. I know how hard waiting for your bike to arrive is. Mine will finally be here this week! Post photos when yours arrives.

• Premium Member

Thanks guys, I can hardly contain myself. The time in limbo has me looking at gear and accessories.. sure to put a bigger hole in my pocket if it persists haha.

Everything went braap.

• Global Moderator

Hey hobbs, congrats on you new bike. You will be amazed how much tech has evolved coming from a '76. The bike still has that old school feel but is light years ahead.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Hobbs. Where did you purchase from? I live around the Williamsburg area and I'm waiting on my grey one to come in from Commonwealth Power Sports in Prince George. They say it should be in the next 10 days or so, but I'm starting to get impatient. I've already waited 2.5 weeks!

• Premium Member

Well it was going to be Casey Cycle City in Newport News, but since yamz07 is having to let his go, I'm purchasing it from him. Still struggling to get my deposit back, but I'm not giving up... they're gonna sell the bike anyway. I will say overall I'd never go back there for anything.

Everything went braap.

Hamptons in Virginia .. think I stayed there for vacation long time ago. Chamberlain hotel, was right on the Chesapeake on or near an army base. Was quite nice there!

• Premium Member

Awesome! It's located on Fort Monroe (nice place to ride around, lots of cool architecture, low speed limits though). It was an army base but is not in use any longer. In fact the hotel is now a retirement community. I like taking my dog up there to walk around, throw the frisbee and catch the sunset.

Everything went braap.

Awesome! It's located on Fort Monroe (nice place to ride around, lots of cool architecture, low speed limits though). It was an army base but is not in use any longer. In fact the hotel is now a retirement community. I like taking my dog up there to walk around, throw the frisbee and catch the sunset.
It was an active base when I stayed there (~1985 or thereabouts).  The army was piling sandbags and we had a voluntary evacuation for a danged hurricane.   Was too bad, it cut our vacation short.  Some of the military used the restaurant and they actually served SOS  (chipped beef with some white cream sauce).  The hotel had a heated pool that bordered the Chesapeake.  I recall stopping at a burger king and one of the sides was collared greens, which were damned good.  I roller bladed on the base and along the beach .. was very cool.

• Premium Member

Gotta hit up the DMV, but here it is.

anj5ts.jpg

Everything went braap.

Archived