The MT-07 Forum

New forumer, new bike owner (soon)

grellybeans

grellybeans

Hey guys, I just signed up for the forums after heading down to the closest dealer who had a rapid red in stock and filled out a financing application...I can't wait to hear back from them this week. I'm so stoked to be getting this beauty!

This will be my first bike having just passed the MSF course. I took it twice because I wanted more experience before making a pretty big financial decision. I think I've made a pretty solid choice! I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing great pics/vids and experiences. If anyone is in the southeast Michigan area, maybe we can arrange a meet and greet. That would be a lot of fun.

• Global Moderator

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of people here with lots of experience, so feel free to post any questions. Post photos too. We love those :).

Guest montana07

Congrats Grelly! This is my first bike too, you chose well. It's got enough power that it's fun and I don't feel limited, but it's light enough that it's very easy to maneuver and handle.

• Global Moderator

Hey grellybeans, congrats on you decision! A FZ-07 is a solid choice ! We are just as exited as you are. You are going to love it, I'm sure.

grellybeans

Well, after a couple weeks it looks like financing fell through...I'm really bummed about it. they wanted $7320.00 out the door. Looks like I'll have to rub those pennies together for a couple more months!

• 1 month later...

Good news! I've finally got my finances figured out and talked with my dealer today. I'll be getting the Rapid Red tomorrow for an out the door price of $6900. I'm so geeked! Its just too bad that the riding season is almost over...

• Premium Member

Congrats man, that's an excellent price. You can still get a couple thousand miles on her if you're diligent. :)

Everything went braap.

Couldn't wait for tomorrow, so I took a chance and went down to pick it up today. It was suppose to rain, but I made the 50 mile trip back with no problems. She's nestled comfortably in my garage as I type. I haven't been this excited in a really long time! Oh, and HBC, I did vote!

• Premium Member

Congrats on the new purchase! Seems the slight delay saved you a few bucks as well. What dealer did you go through? I am in the SE MI area too.

I took the drive down to Honda East in Maumee OH. They're very cool down there and really helped me through the process. I could never find one in stock around the area, so I figured the drive was worth it. A little chilly for sure, but I'm surprised at how warm my gear kept me.

So you if you took a drive south to maumee Ohio I'm guessing you are in Michigan?

That dealer has a pretty good eBay store I've ordered a bunch of parts from them to customize my 07.

Yup, I drove from the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area, so its about 50 miles. I don't have too much experience with dealers, but Honda East is by far the best one I've dealt with so far! I'll have to keep my eye on their ebay store.

• Premium Member

I bought my bags from their online store.. transaction went well enough.

Everything went braap.

Archived