The MT-07 Forum

Painting the frame? PICS

luke325i

Hi Folks.

First off, here is a pic of my bike:

4wDGORK.jpg

I am toying with the idea of painting the frame tubes (new to bikes, dunno if thats what theyre called) red. The areas im thinking of painting are circled in red in the following picture:

ZB5AoUr.jpg

I got this idea from looking at this MT-07 Moto frame bike:

Yamaha-MT-07-Moto-Cage-side-profile-at-the-INTERMOT-2014.jpg

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. Think i will need to tear the bike apart to do it? Think it might be easier or cheaper to get vinyl done instead of paint?

Any thoughts appreciated.

That would also look awesome, and thanks for the link...but i was more thinking of painting the frame tubes, similar sytle as the red bike, but different tubes

To do this RIGHT, you're going to have to strip the bike down to nothing and send the frame parts to get powder coated.

• Premium Member

I think that would look pretty cool, especially with some classy looking matching tank graphics.

Why can't left turners see us?

bmwpowere36m3
To do this RIGHT, you're going to have to strip the bike down to nothing and send the frame parts to get powder coated.
+1

Whether you choose to powder-coat, 2K, enamel, plasti-dip, etc… to do it right you should strip everything off the frame.

Without stripping down the frame I'd only recommend plasti-dip (throughly tape/cover areas to avoid overspray) or vinyl (which will be difficult to wrap around the joints of the tubing.

• Premium Member

I've definitely played with the idea... though it reminds me much of the Ducs with the red frame.

I also +1 what @magsz18 said. Which is one of the reasons why I probably won't ever do it. haha.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived