The MT-07 Forum

Second Intro (this time with bike!)

stix

Hey guys, I made an introduction about two months ago when I first started obsessing about this bike....well today is the day I acted on that obsession and picked up my new Fz-07 from a local Cali dealer! I love it.....mmmm. Here's a pic!X3ENnLs.jpg

Congrats on your new FZ 07 and it's black & white, too! (the choice of starz!)

Beemer

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

If you have any mods planned, this bike is easy to work on.  Be safe out there.

I most definitely have mods planned. Most importantly exhaust....but i'm in California where all aftermarket exhaust is illegal....so yeah, i'm pretty much still gonna do it. If any other Californians see this please chime in with your $.02 in regards to the aftermarket exhaust, have you done it, is it worth it, which kit did you go with etc : ). Freakin lovin this bike!

• Premium Member
I most definitely have mods planned. Most importantly exhaust....but i'm in California where all aftermarket exhaust is illegal....so yeah, i'm pretty much still gonna do it. If any other Californians see this please chime in with your $.02 in regards to the aftermarket exhaust, have you done it, is it worth it, which kit did you go with etc : ). Freakin lovin this bike!
My $ .02 is wait a while before you do the exhaust. The stock one isn't that bad in my opinion and you might like the stealth mode that allows me to speed all over the place without attracting attn. 
I actually like the way it sounds stock, but then again I am a lucky minority.

Secondly, if you are a new rider, you might drop the bike, and better to scratch your stock one that your carbon fiber or chrome monster.

Thirdly if you do replace it, consider parting out or selling as a whole your stock parts after your sure you like the mod. There is a market (not a great one) for it and it could offset your outlay.

You got the exact bike I did. Excellent choice. I see a lot of them out there.

Cheers.

Databyter

Archived