The MT-07 Forum

End of summer meet 2015

mericc

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys, so i decided to postpone this till we have more people interested, at least 10 if possible? hows september or october looking like for everyone?

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

• Global Moderator

if i didnt have classes starting up soon, id be down
I cant take a week off school to come out to cali, no matter how mich id love to

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I am going to go out on a limb here. While I like the idea of meeting at Neptunes Net, it is on the periphery, distance wise, for most SoCal FZ riders. Maybe the OP could suggest some other locale that would be more central for LA, SD, IE, VTA, high desert (Don't know a good acronym.), and all other FZ riders. I'd like to see this FZ meetup happen.

• Global Moderator
I am going to go out on a limb here. While I like the idea of meeting at Neptunes Net, it is on the periphery, distance wise, for most SoCal FZ riders. Maybe the OP could suggest some other locale that would be more central for LA, SD, IE, VTA, high desert (Don't know a good acronym.), and all other FZ riders. I'd like to see this FZ meetup happen.
ill nominate johnnys pastrami... theyve got a fire pit outside and plenty of parking... if titos customers dont take it over... and the best damn food in zhe wurld

Okay hmm, lets post some ideal meet up locations, i was also thinking downtown disney hahaha

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know the area well yet, but I will make sure to attend if possible. I'm open to anywhere SoCal.
A couple ideas- Big Bear or Idyllwild? Is there anywhere good to eat near Palomar? Or maybe a pack lunch and head to a beach?

I'd say Newcombs Ranch, someplace in Big Bear, or someplace up in Idyllwild.

If the priority is to just have a meetup, and not ride a twisty too,  somewhere in OC would be the most central.

I am gonna nominate La Canada Shell as the meetup point. And then we could all run up ACH to Newcombs Ranch.

Never been to Newcombs, so that'd be cool.

@tawny There is a place called Mother's Kitchen on top of Palomar mountain that is great. It's a nice resting spot too.

I'm down for whatever, but riding to Newcombs would be my pick.

Subscribing to this thread to see what's up. My next three weekends are pretty crazy because both of the series I usually race are kicking off after summer break this month, as are the mini bike endurance races, but I'd love to meet up somewhere at some point with some socal FZ people! Where's the party at?

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

• Premium Member

Let me know when everyone can figure it out. I'm all about ACH if no one wants to ride North. Thats already a 75 mile ride before we even get started.

Why not just have everybody post their location(maybe like a corner within a 2mi radius that way were not giving out where we live lol). Then compile it and choose a central spot?
Then the only thing left is the date

EDIT: or instead just use the member map. the person isnt on the member map and the location ends up being far as hell for them, oh well lol. you dont have to put your exact location on the map anyway. just something to give everyone an idea of the area

• Premium Member

2 mile radius? Haha, I'm an outlier, that radius won't do any good on finding a central location. I'm still down for Neptunes. Just pick a date! I'm free the weekend of the 12th and the 26th.

I know Labor Day is coming up, but I tend to stay away from places on holidays.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator

Same here @motomeek
outlier aside holiday weekends sucj ass for travel and the 6+ hour ride out to cali for the meetup would be hell

I should also be able to do the weekend of the 26th or a weekend after that. The OC is fairly central to LA/IE/OC, so how about meeting up in, like, huntington or something? I'm in Redondo, but as long as the meetup point is within 100 miles, it's not that big a deal to me.

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

how about, we all meet up at downtown disney lmfao, and hang out at the espn bar?, hoping i get my bike back from impak before than

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Haha- This is socal. Every season is summer

Archived