The MT-07 Forum

MT-07 or MT-07 Motocage

optimusgilham

optimusgilham

Hello,

I'm looking into buying myself a new MT-07 ABS or MT-07 Motocage. I'm wondering if the extra features that come with the Motocage version, such as the frame mounted engine guards, tubular under engine guard and radiator guard, provide any practical benefits or are they just visual? and if they do provide extra protection what do they protect against? and are they worth paying out the extra money for?

• Premium Member

The motocage protection parts do the job they are made for..the motocage was marketed towards stunt riders and I think it's a great 1st bike since it has all the bike protection you need in case it gets dropped and a new rider won't have to worry so much about busting plastics and control levers...as far as the ABS feature it's up to you rather you want it or not, it's a personal choice..

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Global Moderator

Motocage, looks awesome, and theres not much need to buy any extra protection, though a set of axle sliders wouldnt hurt

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator

What is the price difference for the motocage? We do not have the option in the US. We do not have the option of ABS either for that matter. I suppose it makes the decision easier.

• Premium Member

Over in Europe it seems like the akrapovic exhaust is a "factory" option to choose from...Europe gets more " factory" choices and the US just has an aftermarket buying craze...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived