The MT-07 Forum

LED Turn Signals Not Flashing

blueangel

So I installed some LED turn signals in the front and rear.  In the process I ended up blowing a couple of fuses. ???  Replaced those no problem.  Then once I went to verify the operation of the turn signals, I noticed that the turn signal lights (both front and rear) were on all the time, and they did not flash once I engaged the turn signals.  Tried the hazards and nothing.  The dash signals also do not flash.

Any help is much appreciated.

So I installed some LED turn signals in the front and rear.  In the process I ended up blowing a couple of fuses.

That's the first red flag.

Replaced those no problem.  Then once I went to verify the operation of the turn signals, I noticed that the turn signal lights (both front and rear) were on all the time, and they did not flash

Red flag #2.

once I engaged the turn signals.  Tried the hazards and nothing.  The dash signals also do not flash. 
Any help is much appreciated.

Not surprising based on the above comments. Are you certain you wired it all up correctly? My guess is no, but there could be other issues so I don't want to assume you just wired them incorrectly.

On the fronts, did you use 2-wire or 3-wire LEDs? Any chance you mistakenly wired the hot DRL wire to it? If 2-wire, that wire should have been capped.

I'm not certain how the entire circuit is wired, but if the front and rear are on the same circuit then that would explain why the rear stays on as well.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Thanks for your comments. I wired 3-wire LEDs. I will double check the wire connections.

Thanks for your comments. I wired 3-wire LEDs. I will double check the wire connections.
OK, yeah then make sure you didn't mix up the always on vs. the blinker power (sorry I'm not an EE so I may not have the correct terms ha!).  That's where I would start.   
Do you know what might have caused the blown fuse?  You changed nothing else but the blown fuse(s) and this time the fuse does not blow? 

Life is good on 2 wheels!

When I wired up one of the front LEDs I forgot to place some electrical tape over the joints. Once I turned the ignition on to test them they contacted eachother and blew the fuse. I know, I'm an idiot. After that mishap I replaced the fuses, taped the joints and then proceeded to verify the connection. Same observation as before with no further fuses blown. What's puzzling is that even with the front LED completely disconnected, the rear signals and dash lights remain on continuously without any flashing function.

Mine stayed on when I had them hooked up wrong. I'm sure you just need to rewire them. If I recall correctly, for the right side signal the blue wire was the daytime running wire and on the left it was the brown wire. GL!

Beemer

Why are you not properly connecting wires in the first place? Pay $30 and buy a soldering iron and do it right.

Archived