The MT-07 Forum

yamaha xsr700

Naparider

A friend of mine recently bought a 79 xs650, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe this is a throwback to that bike. Given the popularity of the xs650 with cafe racer type riders, and the wild success of the FZ-07, I can't say it's a bad move. If this bike had come out a few months sooner, I may have had a hard decision to make between this and my FZ.

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/yamaha-xsr700-unveiled

2015 FZ-07, Graphite
Puig Touring windscreen, custom fit frame sliders, graves fender eliminator, evotech radiator guard, mad hornets adjustable levers, and coming soon, two brothers S1R and EJK
RIP 01 DRZ-400 (crank failure)

I'm pretty sure the FZ-07 and the XSR700 is a reiteration of the RD350LC. A two-stroke parallel twin from the 80s.

I think it's more a throw back to a 77' XS 500.

[attachment id=743" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

I ride a RZ350 (canadian name for the RD350LC) that a friend of mine owned back in the days. I ride a FZ07. I would love a bike like the RZ (sold here till 1989 if i remember well). I love my 07. But no way, it can give that 2 stroke punch. A two stroke YZ250 and a YZ250F (4 stroke) are great bikes. But 2 very different animals.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

By all means the bikes are two very different animals. I am saying for function and reason to be put here in the first place the FZ-07 models the RD350LC. They are both budget bikes designed to get the youth into motorcycling. They both offered an extremely affordable motorcycle that performed outstandingly for the value. That is where the similarities lie, also with the aesthetics. Not in the characteristics of the engine.

Archived