The MT-07 Forum

Advice: Price of a used 2015 FZ-07

recboil

Hi all, I'm a new poster and needed some advice from you pros. I found a white 2015 FZ-07 with 2,200 miles. The seller was originally asking $6,000 and I negotiated it down to $5650. It comes with a windscreen (not sure which brand), Yoshimura rear fender eliminator (he threw out the original fender), Yamaha bag brackets and Nelson Rigg saddle bags.

A few questions:
1) What do you think of the price? Kelley Bluebook has a stock 2015 in excellent condition at $5,380, which seems low.
2) He said he has all original and service documentation. As I don't have the owners manual, which dealership service documents should I be looking for (e.g. 300 miles, 600 miles, 1000 miles)?
3) Should I be concerned that he doesn't have the original rear fender even though it's horrendous (just thinking about retail value later if I try to re-sell).
4) Would ya'll recommend me dropping it off at a mechanic for a quick inspection? I'm sure the obvious answer is yes but I've never bought a used bike off Craigslist before and I'm not sure how compliant owners are about this. It seems like a low mileage bike should be well sorted but who knows.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Read more: http://fz07.org/thread/24/fz-07-pricing-thread?page=25&scrollTo=50304#ixzz3hVgCMto5

Price seams fair, a brand new one is $7k out the door after negotiating, that fender eliminator kit is a good upgrade and I personally wouldn't worry about the stock one. Service intervals are 600 mi, 4000 mi.. so only the initial one should be done. A pre purchase inspection PPI, is a good idea with any used purchase if you are unfamiliar with the item your purchasing.

If you like it, and the price is right to you, get it checked out and go for it!

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

I was thinking of asking $6500 for mine, bone stock with 1300 miles. There aren't that many for sale around here and a new one with tax, title, and license is almost $8000. So yeah, I think you're getting a good deal.

• Premium Member

I think its a good deal. He's got $500 in mods between the brackets/bags/windscreen and tail tidy too. Go for it! Then post pics for us.

• Global Moderator

That sounds like a good deal to me. Having a mechanic give it a once once over would not hurt, but with that low mileage and if there is no damage I would not be too worried. I would be more interested to see the documentation of the 600 more service. That is all that is required according to the owners manual.

I really appreciate everyone's help with this! I'll keep everyone posted with how this goes.

Caveat: It's a 5 hour ride home and this'll be my first bike :x

• Premium Member
I really appreciate everyone's help with this! I'll keep everyone posted with how this goes. 
Caveat: It's a 5 hour ride home and this'll be my first bike :x
Yeah I had mine shipped to my house so I could dick around in the safety. 5 hours on your first bike dude think twice. I was going to ride mine from the dealer too and changed it glad I did.  

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Or rent a truck from enterprise/u-haul or similar rental service, throw it in the back and drive the truck home. Alot of rental services offer one way type deals. I had put mine in the back of my truck to bring it home from the dealer.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

You can also try renting a motorcycle trailer. If you don't have a trailer hitch on your vehicle you can rent that also.  The motorcycle trailer will have a ramp and is designed to transport a motorcycle.  You can go to u-haul's website to get the cost or call up a u-haul place near you.  

How long are the warranties on these FZ-07's? He said he's had it for 12 months so I think maybe it's expired. My trip is this Thursday and I'll keep ya'll posted!

• Premium Member

Used prices are close to the price of a new one...this lil fz-07 holds its value and there is not many used fz-07 for sale..give it 4-5 years till you see for sale used on a reg basis...the price you pay for a used fz-07 is well worth it

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

That's about what I got and paid for mine, only it also had shorty levers, m4 exhaust, full radiator guard, and a 4 year extended warranty.

Archived