The MT-07 Forum

Snorkel and yoshi exhaust question

hexitnow

• Premium Member

So my air intake system is bone stock. Anyone with the yoshi r77 exhaust that is running with the snorkel off or a high flow air filter? just curious if you felt a difference in power. Even if its half a horse increase, I want that half a horse :P

You might get a 1/2 hp, but you will be allowing more dirt and water on your air filter. when the air filter gets dirty, you will lose more hp then you gained and can cause engine wear alot faster than normal. You will have to remove seat/tank often and change air filter alot more often or you will certainly lose power.

I say this alot, but that airbox snorkel/filter is the only thing keeping dirt out of your engine. Doesn't take much to scratch a cylinder wall or worse, seize up an engine. Is that worth one or two hp?

• Global Moderator
So my air intake system is bone stock. Anyone with the yoshi r77 exhaust that is running with the snorkel off or a high flow air filter? just curious if you felt a difference in power. Even if its half a horse increase, I want that half a horse :P

I have the yoshi exhaust with the snorkel removed, but i also have a pre-cleaner system for the intake ducting that i made out of commercial building air filters.

As far as hp increase, none really noted

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Guest Ralph

On UK bikes the snorkel faces the other way and a large scoop
open most of the time but closed by a flap at certain revs and
throttle settings to pass noise regs faces the back and bypasses
the snorkel, so I doubt if there is much water and dirty air under
there to suck in. How much difference this set up makes is any
I haven't a clue. You cant . see in the pic but the round vac
actuator controls the flap

DSCF5562_zpsed7bde96.jpg

• Global Moderator

I think thats the only difference, as far as performance goes i cant see it having much impact. Noise regulations in europe are a strange thing... glad they havent filtered stateside yet

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived