The MT-07 Forum

Skyline Drive trip

Guest unknown

Guest unknown

Last Friday, I took off work a little early and drove down to Skyline Drive (VA). I have always heard how great of a drive that Skyline was but I had never made the trip. The weather was excellent and traffic was pretty light. I finally arrived after about an hour commute down some back roads from NoVA. This is what I was treated to:
3BFCBA00-9F85-47AF-9EE0-F063D3BF09C4_zpstpp4rfvn.jpg

16BCA9D0-6199-41D1-87B2-449C439404A6_zpsoo7pfrgj.jpg

F78FED05-4E58-4122-9516-DBA00753D053_zpsxgejrv2e.jpg

The pictures don't do it justice. If you guys have the means, I highly recommend it. The views were stunning and the turns were a blast. I did have to watch out for wildlife as some deer popped out and a huge black bear was walking around.

• Premium Member

Wow, gorgeous. This makes me want get out to the mountains and ride.

• Global Moderator

Awesome, thanks for sharing! This is what owning a bike is all about.

For the real twisties take the superslab to the Blue Ridge. Sadly these roads are federally patrolled and speed enforcement is strict. You will find legendary back roads away from the park.

Guest unknown

Thanks! I was planning on crusing up to 211 but daylight was getting slim and the parkway is just too far for an evening trip without trailering the bike to it. I don't too much speeding on Skyline but the turns are great and during the weekday they patrol it much less.

Guest MXRider
Thanks! I was planning on crusing up to 211 but daylight was getting slim and the parkway is just too far for an evening trip without trailering the bike to it. I don't too much speeding on Skyline but the turns are great and during the weekday they patrol it much less.
Yeah we used to go for early morning rides on Mondays and the place was pretty quiet. Made the mistake of going in mid fall on a Saturday a while back and it was a zoo with all of the leaf peepers going under the speed limit to scope out the countryside. It was a half mile long convoy of minivans.

A very, very nice ride indeed. I did the Skyline Drive 2 times in the same summer. First time with the FZ6 then with the V-Strom. The first time went down south to the Blue Ridge and then to the Dragon tail. In the off season, it's very low traffic. I went in April. I was alone and the weather was nice too.

Highly recommend this place.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Looks like a really great place to take some shrooms and watch the trees billow in the wind! (rofl)

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

Awesome photos. I did skyline on my 300 last fall it was a great time and I would love to go again. Here are some pics.

zQlfjE0.jpg
M8RLhnS.jpg
D9BwWGa.jpg
r2p3Ka7.jpg

Archived