The MT-07 Forum

FZ 07 131 mph. top end

Beemer

I saw this on you tube today, I was surprised by it's top end AND how he splits lanes at over 100 mph.

[video src=https://youtu.be/Fy_fxBZXWHQ]

Beemer

There's a governor that limits revs in 6th gear, isn't there? I thought it topped out around 120mph. Do you suppose his is unlocked, or is he just getting more speed from tucking in?

bmwpowere36m3

I wonder if its the same guy as the "beast mode" video… cool to watch someone else do it but, ain't gonna last long is all I can say.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I thought I recognized that stretch of freeway - it's highway 101 through Palo Alto.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Guest Ralph

Seems a bit slow for 130 and some of those other vehicles must also be tramping
on a bit, are you sure he as not got it set to KM? or can you not do that with the US version.
But at the start he seems to be going into a corner at 90 and cars are passing him, do
you really see so many cars doing that in the US, I keep trying to weigh up the revs versus
the speed but it's hard to see.

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

You can definitely set the speedo to KPH but 90 KPH is really slow (something like 28MPH) and I doubt he was doing that on the freeway.

bmwpowere36m3
You can definitely set the speedo to KPH but 90 KPH is really slow (something like 28MPH) and I doubt he was doing that on the freeway.
Check your math... closer to 56 mph and Yes, you can set the US version to KM/h 

Seems a bit slow for 130 and some of those other vehicles must also be tramping on a bit, are you sure he as not got it set to KM? or can you not do that with the US version.
But at the start he seems to be going into a corner at 90 and cars are passing him, do
you really see so many cars doing that in the US, I keep trying to weigh up the revs versus
the speed but it's hard to see.
I thought the same thing but I know that lenses or playback speed can be deceiving. I had to watch the lines in the road and the oncoming cars to believe the speedo, they were going by fairly quick. 

Beemer

• Premium Member
yamahappy74
My mistake. I didn't know the conversion rate and when I looked it up, I must've misread it. I accidentally set my speedo to KPH when I was trying to reset the trip, lol. It took me a couple of minutes (while riding) to figure out how to set it back.

bmwpowere36m3
My mistake. I didn't know the conversion rate and when I looked it up, I must've misread it. I accidentally set my speedo to KPH when I was trying to reset the trip, lol. It took me a couple of minutes (while riding) to figure out how to set it back.

Haha, I've done the same... set it to km/h by accident

Guest Ralph

After looking at mine today the revs are about right for MPH
if mine is anything to go off 131 mph is about a true 127

• 2 weeks later...
Motorboat McGoat
There's a governor that limits revs in 6th gear, isn't there? I thought it topped out around 120mph. Do you suppose his is unlocked, or is he just getting more speed from tucking in?
I've never experienced this governor?  Highest I reached I was tucked hard going 137 mph next to a Ducati Monster 998.  Felt like I could've gone more had I had the space to do so.

Archived