The MT-07 Forum

AMAZING FUEL ECONOMY

dony

• Premium Member

[span]    Hi all, I have had my 2015 about a month and a half. I have 2000 miles on the odometer and until today have basically been just going for short rides. Today I went for about a 300 mile ride and decided to work out my miles per gallon average. To my surprise I averaged 70 miles per gallon! I was running a steady speed of 60 mph and it was fairly steady, not much gear changing. The bike is totally stock. I knew the bike was going to be efficient but this is great![/span]

suspiciouspackage

I know the feeling. I get anywhere from 61-65 with mixed city/hwy. If I had the control to stay under 65, I'd probably see numbers like yours.

When I bought the bike I was also very impressed with fuel figures (and still am). On a UK gallon 72MPG most of the time. All calculated from fuel used and distance travelled ....not taken from the consumption readings on the MT-07 clock. When pushed it..... it plummeted to 65MPG haha
I keep a spread sheet with all figures and fuel receipts logged and now on 3000 miles it is clearly an amazing engine in the way it delivers performance with exceptional frugality.

• Premium Member

I get high 40s. Its not possible to keep it slow and steady.

• Premium Member

Well I like going fast too and it is really easy to do on this bike. The only place safe to do so where I live is the back roads, anywhere else and the police are all to happy to make friends with me.

• Premium Member

I average around 55 mpg on my commutes (which sometimes extend to a longer ride home). On mainly freeway trips I've done, I've averaged 60. I have also done some commuting and tried to keep the ECO light on and I was able to get 60. I'm sure 70 is possible on flat highway in ECO mode. I just have too much fun twisting it hard!

Why can't left turners see us?

Damn lol I get like 37.5. I think the SC project tune on the ejk controller might be a tad rich.

Archived