The MT-07 Forum

Jumpy after adding oem rack + 50l shad

frk2

So this is weird - I absolutely loved the ride till I put the rear rack and 50l shad case on. Since then its been quite we jumpy. I adjusted the preload to 5 and that helps a lot but still it's not what it was like yesterday (withoit the rack). You guys think the rack could add that much weight / leverage?

The seat acts as a lever, the further back the force is applied the easier it is to compress the rear shock. Not sure how heavy the case and rack are but they will surely have some type of effect on the bike.

That's what I thought as well but the affect seems too drastic (or I'm sensitive). The front end seems to vibrate / shake way more BTW. Maybe this is just the fzs crappy front forks talking?

thomascrown

The front is already too light. A rear rack and case make it worse. At speed, a lot of wind will hit that 50l brick wall, applying even more torque to that lever arm.

Thomas: the funny thing is its fine at speed. It's just the low speed (less than 30) where's its exceptionally bad. At speed it seems okay like before! Stumped!

thomascrown

Hmmm...then it's likely the rear shock just being crappy. Needs to be revalved, or even better, a new aftermarket unit installed.

• Premium Member

The oem shock was not designed properly for the fz-07 and adding weight makes it worse...I have mine set at 2 for a 165# rider and a stripped down bike that weighs 380#... cranking up the shock settings just makes the rear stiff and it feels like the rear tire just slams back down after uncompressing and it makes the front end feel even worse then normal factory settings...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 2 weeks later...

Archived