The MT-07 Forum

New Guy

riding4fun

Well I don't have a fz-07 yet but I will soon. I have been lurking around and doing a lot of reading and research about the fz-07 on this site and a couple others. I have only reg here as it seems to be the most informative forum. Have fun and I will join in on the fun soon.
I really like the fz-07 concept. Light, plenty of power, awesome looks (IMO) and from all the reading I have done the fun factor is off the chart.

Hi riding4fun! Like you I did a lot of research and reading before buying this bike. I didn't get to test ride it but that was ok, the bike was exactly what I expected. It was awesome! I'm happy for you. What's your experience with bikes?

I am 47 and started riding street when I was 18. Dirt bikes before that. First bike was a brand new 1985 ninja 600. Laid it down 1 year after I bought it.  Bought my second bike in 1990 which was a 1988 Suzuki intruder 750. Was in California at the time so I rode daily. Sold it before I moved back to Washington. In 1994 I bought a Honda V4 Magna and sold it after only 1000 miles. Didn't like that bike at all. I really wanted a Harley at that time but couldn't afford it. Next bike was a 1998 Harley sportster sport 1200.  Got tired of that just because they are slow, loud and handle like crap so I sold it and bought a 1999 Honda cbr F4. Loved having a sport bike again. Rode it for a year then traded up to the 2000 Honda cbr 929. That bike was an awesome piece. I bought a second bike which was a 1988 Honda hawk 650. That was a fun little bike but just didn't have the power I wanted.  Since I was getting older the riding position was getting to my knees and wrists. I sold the 929  and the hawk and bought a 2002 Kawasaki ZRX 1200. This bike had awesome power, handled very well and was super comfortable. I did a track day on that bike and was passing liter sport bikes on the straights and corners. Fun day for sure.  Then my wife and I decided to have kids. Everyone told me that I would have to quit riding and be responsible. I told them they were crazy. Then just after my son turned 1 I started to have those what if thoughts when riding. I started to get nervous and was not having fun riding worrying about getting hurt. So I sold the bike. Never really had the desire to ride until about a year ago. Something inside me misses that feeling. I remember back when I was riding and all the fun I used to have.  So what I did was by a 1979 Suzuki gs 425 with the intention of making a café racer out of it. I tore it down last year, bought all the parts I need and there it sits right now. I just don't feel like working on it right now. I just want to ride. So I started my research and found the new fz-07 and I just cant stop thinking about it. I am saving my money now and will most likely buy one after the first of the year. I am hoping to find a new 2014 at a discount or a nice clean used bike close to me. We will see.Sorry for the long winded post. lol

Welcome and good luck getting an FZ 07, you'll love the torque/power to weight ratio this bike has. I just hope you get your confidence back 'before' you get an FZ 07. Those kind of thoughts could ruin a ride real quick and you need some confidence when riding, I'm sure you know. You should get back to work on that Suzuki, I saw some pics of them cafe'ed out and they look pretty cool. Here's one I found that I like. Were you shooting for something like it?

[attachment id=800" thumbnail="1]

Of course if you are through with it, I'll take it off your hands.  ;)

Beemer

went to two different dealers today and neither had any fz-07s in stock. All I want to do is take one out for a test ride. One dealer took my number and said he would call as soon as one comes in. I did sit on a fz-09. Felt like a very comfortable riding position. I think I would like the bars a little lower as its just too upright but not bad. I cant wait to check out the fz-07.

• Premium Member

Welcome! I'm sure you've found in you search that there are other options if you don't like the stock bars. Can't wait to see which one you end up with!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Well that was quick. Dealer called and said a shipment of fz-07s came in today. Said he would have one ready to go by 2pm if I wanted to come down and test ride one. Didn't have time today but I should have time Saturday to check it out. No matter what I am not buying until after the new year. I am sure they will be having good deals on the 2015s mid winter.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome riding4fun. Resistance is futile! You will be assimilated!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome. I just want to say this: The Suzuki SV650 was a great bike. The Yamaha FZ-07 is what the SV650 was but better in every way.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Welcome. I just want to say this: The Suzuki SV650 was a great bike. The Yamaha FZ-07 is what the SV650 was but better in every way.
Thank you and yes I would have to agree with that statement.  

• Global Moderator
I know assimilation isnt part of the whovian universe, but i read that in a dalek voice for some reason

Also, welcome to the forum dude... hurry and join our little cult... uh i mean community

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Well I just got back from the dealership. They had the graphite with blue wheels (not the color I want). I just wanted to see one in person and sit on it to see how it fit.
I am blown away on the looks. I love it. The statement that people are saying about the front of the bike just dropping off the front when sitting on it? I didn't get that feeling at all. I am 5'9 and weigh 175 an it fits like a glove. Almost like the ergos were set up for me. It was amazing how my legs fit the tank. I sat on a fz-09 and the tank felt higher and I just didn't fit as well. So my mind is made up that this is going to be my next bike. I didn't take it out for a test ride as the sales man knows I am not ready to buy yet and I am three weeks post op left shoulder rotator cuff surgery. I could ride as my arm feels strong enough but I can wait ( I hope) lol.

• Global Moderator
Well I just got back from the dealership. They had the graphite with blue wheels (not the color I want). I just wanted to see one in person and sit on it to see how it fit. I am blown away on the looks. I love it. The statement that people are saying about the front of the bike just dropping off the front when sitting on it? I didn't get that feeling at all. I am 5'9 and weigh 175 an it fits like a glove. Almost like the ergos were set up for me. It was amazing how my legs fit the tank. I sat on a fz-09 and the tank felt higher and I just didn't fit as well. So my mind is made up that this is going to be my next bike. I didn't take it out for a test ride as the sales man knows I am not ready to buy yet and I am three weeks post op left shoulder rotator cuff surgery. I could ride as my arm feels strong enough but I can wait ( I hope) lol.
that test ride is a kicker, once you stall it the fist time youve given her your soul....
Good for you not to take it. And with the sugery, ouch... howd that happen?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
I know assimilation isnt part of the whovian universe, but i read that in a dalek voice for some reason 

Also, welcome to the forum dude... hurry and join our little cult... uh i mean community

Well I just got back from the dealership. They had the graphite with blue wheels (not the color I want). I just wanted to see one in person and sit on it to see how it fit. I am blown away on the looks. I love it. The statement that people are saying about the front of the bike just dropping off the front when sitting on it? I didn't get that feeling at all. I am 5'9 and weigh 175 an it fits like a glove. Almost like the ergos were set up for me. It was amazing how my legs fit the tank. I sat on a fz-09 and the tank felt higher and I just didn't fit as well. So my mind is made up that this is going to be my next bike. I didn't take it out for a test ride as the sales man knows I am not ready to buy yet and I am three weeks post op left shoulder rotator cuff surgery. I could ride as my arm feels strong enough but I can wait ( I hope) lol.

The Borg on Star Trek assimilated others. See, it's already happening! :)

Don't settle for the blurple, it's the slowest. What color do you want?

that test ride is a kicker, once you stall it the fist time youve given her your soul.... Good for you not to take it. And with the sugery, ouch... howd that happen?
The shoulder was considered an occupational disease. I have been building drop ceilings, wood ceilings, wall panels ect for 24 years. All overhead work so it just took a toll on my shoulder. I broke my right shoulder 15 years ago at work and had a similar surgery and all is still good on that side so I am very confident that this will last me until retirement.  

The Borg on Star Trek assimilated others. See, it's already happening! :)

Don't settle for the blurple, it's the slowest. What color do you want?
I want a red one just because of the black frame and wheels. I will have the tank painted Yamaha yellow so I think the black frame will look the best for that.  

I am having second thoughts about the fz-07 now. I like to ride twisties, track days and also long mountain loop trips. Although I like the looks, price and power of the fz-07 I am just not sure its the bike for me.
I went and sat on a 2014 FZ1 and I really like that bike also. The pluses for that bike are, lots of power, very comfortable, wind protection, adjustable suspension. Only neg would be price but I can work through that.
As far as the FZ-07 goes I would have to add a small wind screen and full front and rear suspension upgrade. The fact that the suspension is non adjustable is just unacceptable. I think since I have had real fast bikes in the past that I would get used to and bored of the power riding the FZ-07 pretty quick but the FZ1 has power for days. The lack of wind protection I am sure will get old fast and long rides would get tiresome. AAARRRGGG. Well I have a lot more thinking and research to do. I wish I had my 2002 kawi ZRX 1200 back.

Welcome rider! You'll absolutely love the FZ-07, guaranteed. This is my first bike after a hiatus for two years and couldn't be more happy. I hope the same for you, cheers.

That's what I am thinking maverick. Its a good place to start back after 9 years off. Thank you

Oh ya!!! Just had the serious talk with the wife about purchasing a bike. She knew I was thinking about it but never went over the specifics on paying for it. All is good and I have the green light to purchase when I am ready. Still need my left shoulder to heal from rotator cuff surgery 5 weeks ago but I should be good to go by Jan next year. Damn I cant wait.

Well It looks like I wont be going with the FZ-07. I found a 2000 Honda VFR 800 on CL for 3900 bucks with 14000 miles on it. Owned by a 63 year old man that has had it since 2005. He bought it from the orig owner with 2500 miles on it. This bike will do absolutely everything I want. I will post pics when I get it home this weekend but until then have fun.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Well It looks like I wont be going with the FZ-07. I found a 2000 Honda VFR 800 on CL for 3900 bucks with 14000 miles on it. 
Not everybody can go naked.   8-)

For me really I came to the reality that I want a bike that can do it all. IMO the vfr can tour, go fast enough in the twisties and it can hold its own during a track day. I really love the looks of the fz-07 but really I cant pass up this bike for the price. A new FZ-07 is twice as much and a used one will still be a couple grand more.

At least its not a Harley. LOL

well just experienced a CL seller flake. Why would you list a bike for sale then when someone wants to buy it you decide not to sell it???? WTF
So no new bike. At least I didn't drive all the way there to find that out but still WTF!!!!!!!

Archived