The MT-07 Forum

New Guy

riding4fun

I am finding it hard to find the perfect used bike. I want a one owner adult owned bike with all service records and low ish miles that isn't asking 2000 over blue book. People see what other bikes are being advertised for and think that they are selling them for that price.

I just need to be patient and the bike I want will find me.

• Global Moderator
I am finding it hard to find the perfect used bike. I want a one owner adult owned bike with all service records and low ish miles that isn't asking 2000 over blue book. People see what other bikes are being advertised for and think that they are selling them for that price.  
I just need to be patient and the bike I want will find me.
The FZ-07 has found you dude... you just gotta accept it's unconventional love and let it melt your mind :P 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Well I think I found my new bike. I have looked so far at a 2001 vfr and a 2005 fz1 amd called on at least 4 more. I missed a couple by just a day. Both were just ok but boring. I found a 2006 sv1000s close buy. Its an original owner, low mile adult owned bike. I am going to look at it tomorrow and if it is what is advertised I am buying it.

Nope didn't buy it. The guy wanted too much for it. One thing I didn't like was just after a few miles I could tell the vibration of the twin was making my hands numb and that is no good to me. The search goes on.

So the roller coaster continues. I found another bike to look at. Its a 2002 FZ1 owned by the original owner that is about 60 years old. It has 12000 orig miles and is in excellent stock condition. I am going to look at it asap.

Well I went and did it. I purchased today a 2002 Yamaha FZ1. It is even better than he described. I gave a little more than what other ones on CL were advertised for, but it being a one owner ,adult owned, garaged kept, low mileage 12000 , all stock machine made it perfect for me so I bought it and its home now. Here are some pics.  Its kinda naked and most important its a Yamaha!!!20150917_152419_zpsoy6d9yxj.jpg20150917_152428_zpsgndwyl0g.jpg
20150917_152446_zpsxs8euz8z.jpg

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Well I went and did it. I purchased today a 2002 Yamaha FZ1. It is even better than he described. I gave a little more than what other ones on CL were advertised for, but it being a one owner ,adult owned, garaged kept, low mileage 12000 , all stock machine made it perfect for me so I bought it and its home now. Here are some pics.  Its kinda naked and most important its a Yamaha!!! 

Nice bike! I see the familial resemblance. (Is that a leak near the side stand?)

Illegitimi non carborundum

Well I went and did it. I purchased today a 2002 Yamaha FZ1. It is even better than he described. I gave a little more than what other ones on CL were advertised for, but it being a one owner ,adult owned, garaged kept, low mileage 12000 , all stock machine made it perfect for me so I bought it and its home now. Here are some pics.  Its kinda naked and most important its a Yamaha!!! 

Nice bike! I see the familial resemblance. (Is that a leak near the side stand?)
No not a leak. It was raining pretty good today and the bike was in the back of my truck. When I got home I used my air compressor to blow dry it.  

Archived