The MT-07 Forum

Dunlop Q3's or Pirelli Supercorsa SP V2?

pgeldz

• Premium Member

Need a new set of shoes before my next track day...

Don't want to go with a dedicated slick until I get another set of wheels so I'm sticking to road legal tires that perform well on the track.

Looking at getting another set of Dunlop Q3's, or trying the Pirelli Supercorsa SP V2's.

The Pirelli's are supposed to have slightly better overall grip and the rear tire is supposed to be lighter, but they take slightly longer to warm up and are much more expensive...although I AM in Vegas where it's pretty hot to begin with so that may cancel out the warm up issue...not sure.

The Dunlop's are dirt cheap, and my bike is already set up for them (The Pirelli rear tire is taller than the Dunlop), so I may just stick with them.

Any thoughts or experiences for those who have tried both?

- Paulie

• Premium Member

Q3 is all that bike needs grip wise-and they last.the pirelli's have better grip,but the carcasses are softer and feel a little squirmy to me when pushed hard.they will take a couple of sessions to come in and/or get used to them.i use them on my 250- dr 2 rear and supercorsa front-the front is a great tire,but on my litre bike i use dunlop gp-211's.either one is a great tire,i just like the feedback that dunlop gives and you can do multiple trackdays and then use them on the street no problem.with the q3 you can play with lower air pressure to give more grip as needed.

Archived