The MT-07 Forum

Unrestricting australia mt07

wakecarved

Hi guys, firstly how do I get access to the Australian regional forum on here?

This is aimed at the Australian guys who now have there full lisence but are stuck with there restricted mt07.
I have searched but haven't found any forums or topics that give a definite answer on unrestricting.
I understand the restrictions are the ecu, a throttle limiting bracket and that the piston is 2mm smaller and a lower compression.

I am wondering if anyone can give concrete advice on if getting the ecu flashed for the bigger fz07 and my exhaust and intake mods and un-sleeving and fitting fz07 piston will give me the full fz07 horsepower.
I would rather do this than sell my bike and buy an un-restricted model as I have already made it my own.
Any technical knowledge is much appreciated. Cheers

@cruizin, http://fz07.org/board/49/australian-mt-07-owners needs a password?

Yes the items you list should get you the full power but I expect you're looking at an easy $1500. I'm afraid buying the full-power model is the best course of action. But are you really working the throttle that hard? Fix the obvious weak points like suspension and maybe you can forgive the power deficit until it's time for the next bike?

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

You've "made it yours" how?

I would think removing anything you've added and putting it on the new bike would be a heck of a lot easier than rebuilding the engine.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
This is aimed at the Australian guys who now have there full lisence but are stuck with there restricted mt07.
I have searched but haven't found any forums or topics that give a definite answer on unrestricting.
I understand the restrictions are the ecu, a throttle limiting bracket and that the piston is 2mm smaller and a lower compression.

I am wondering if anyone can give concrete advice on if getting the ecu flashed for the bigger fz07 and my exhaust and intake mods and un-sleeving and fitting fz07 piston will give me the full fz07 horsepower.
I would rather do this than sell my bike and buy an un-restricted model as I have already made it my own.
I put a limiting plate on the FZ-07 and effectively reversing what you want to do. The throttle stop on the LAMS version only allows the user to use half throttle. Look 
 and around the 7 minute mark yu can see the throttle cable holder. Now compare that to the pictures in this thread. See how it has that prong sticking out on the LAMS version? You need to either grind that off or replace the bracket with the US one. Per the YouTube video above you don't need to reflash the ECU to get more power, Just take out the tab so your throttle can open 100%.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

I put a limiting plate on the FZ-07 and effectively reversing what you want to do. The throttle stop on the LAMS version only allows the user to use half throttle. Look 
 and around the 7 minute mark yu can see the throttle cable holder. Now compare that to the pictures in this thread. See how it has that prong sticking out on the LAMS version? You need to either grind that off or replace the bracket with the US one. Per the YouTube video above you don't need to reflash the ECU to get more power, Just take out the tab so your throttle can open 100%.
I wonder how much of the restricted 34 h.p. will be made up for by having access to full throttle and there's still the issue of the smaller piston. I bet though that having full throttle will put a smile on that face and maybe forget about all this.

Beemer

Thanks all for the advice, i trimmed down the throttle restrictor bracket today to achieve wot.
No fault codes came up and you were right alot more power when i overtake and use the extra throttle.
There were people on other forums saying that the ecu came up with a fault code when the restrictor bracket is changed but this is not true. Very happy

Archived