The MT-07 Forum

OMG Ladies' jeans WITH armor

crescentwrench

crescentwrench

I'm not sure how it is for the guys, but there is basically no pair of riding jeans out there with armor.

I went down a few months ago and banged up my knees enough to be limping about it... including thoroughly grinding my jeans (regular ol' jeans) into my broken skin... (So nasty picking and scrubbing that out... yucko).

And I may as well have been going no miles per hour I was going so slow. This made me realize how worthless jeans are on the bike. I've since been looking for pants I can just wear for my little trips around town, to the store, dropping a kid off, etc. instead of my full bulky textile REV'IT pants (which I love but they're huge and cumbersome, and which I've also recently re-reinforced with updated Seesoft and Forcefield knee and hip armor).

This in turn has made me realize how hard it is to find jeans with any armor in them. Usually it's just foam protectors.

These are the only pants I've found that come with CE certified knee armor already in them AND have pockets ready for hip armor: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/spidi-womens-j-flex-jeans

These would've been alright but no way to know if the knee armor is CE certified or what, and I would've had to McGyver some hip armor pockets myself: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/speed-and-strength-womens-killer-queen-jeans

I'm probably getting a pair of the Spidi's and I'll let the world know how it goes with inserting my own hip armor, and sizing, etc.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

They look good, thanks for the tip and I'm looking forward to your review.

I currently wear Iron Worker jeans from Cycle Gear for short trips around town but I know they are not much better than regular jeans even though they have kevlar inside. I've been wanting something better.

Illegitimi non carborundum

take a look at finn moto not sure about the fit for womans jeans but i have a pair of them and i think there the best ive ever owned.
very heavy kevlar ( most kevlar jeans dont tell you how thick there kevlar is) from the wast to your ankles and you get the knee armor too. i paid about $125 on ebay.

http://finnmoto.com.au/ladies-black-motorcycle-jeans/

I currently wear Iron Worker jeans from Cycle Gear for short trips around town but I know they are not much better than regular jeans even though they have kevlar inside. I've been wanting something better.
I've been down in a pair of Ironworker jeans from Cycle Gear. Slid several feet on gravel going about 15-20mph. Not even a thread loose on the jeans, just a bit dusty. That same slide ground up the toe of my leather boots. Not saying they are the best thing out there, but they saved my skin that day.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

My girlfriend just found a company in England that will sew Kevlar and protectors into any pair or jeans you already have. It's expensive and she just sent hers off I'll let you know how they turn out. I'll try to find the name of the company as well.

crescentwrench
My girlfriend and i are looking at picking up a set of these. https://www.resurgencegear.com/products.php?IDZ=0-0-0-0-2&lng=en Abrasion resistance of 23.2 seconds!!! CE level 2 standard is 2 seconds...I've been trying to find some reviews but cant' find any. They sound good and don't look half bad either.
Those look very tough! I'm looking for impact resistance though too, not just abrasion. The ground-up jeans in my raspberries were the least of my problems after that little spill. 

crescentwrench

@wickedtwister - I definitely want to hear how that goes!

I wish there was a multi-quote so I could respond to everyone appropriately... but thanks everyone for your helpful links and tips so far!!!

Alpinestars also just announced these bad boys (er, girls..), which come with BOTH knee and hip armor already in them. A little pricey for me but maybe I can ask hubby for some for Christmas. http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-womens-riley-riding-jeans

And these, which ambiguously may have both CE certified knee armor and CE certified hip armor (or maybe only just CE knee armor, and regular hip armor): http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-womens-riley-riding-jeans

For both of them, they're reinforced with aramid fibers (what Kevlar is made of), maybe just a different brand.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
I wish there was a multi-quote so I could respond to everyone appropriately... but thanks everyone for your helpful links and tips so far!!!

There is.....on each post you want to quote click on the gear icon in upper right and select "select post". On the last one click quote, then all selected will be there.  ;)

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Something like the bohn/forcefield setups might be of interest to you. I like that the armor is always where it should be. The armor placement on my pants is not always ideal.

Also check out draggin jeans. They released some new cuts (men and womens) that you don't have to be 40+ to appreciate,

Everything went braap.

crescentwrench

There is.....on each post you want to quote click on the gear icon in upper right and select "select post". On the last one click quote, then all selected will be there.  ;)
Sweet! It works! Thanks! 

Something like the bohn/forcefield setups might be of interest to you. I like that the armor is always where it should be. The armor placement on my pants is not always ideal. 
Also check out draggin jeans. They released some new cuts (men and womens) that you don't have to be 40+ to appreciate,
Oh wow - yeah it's draggin jeans that pretty much ruined me for ever even TRYing to wear motorcycle jeans again for years. They were the first pair of moto specific pants I bought (sometime in the early 2000's) and they looked like SNL's "mom jeans" (https://screen.yahoo.com/mom-jeans-support-000000467.html) except even LESS flattering. 

I'll check em out though... And never heard of Bohn either so thanks! 
Also! This just in! The pants just arrived! So I'm gonna go try them on and give you guys a peek and review - hey maybe I'll write them up for that contest going right now.

crescentwrench

OK. Sadly, I won't be keeping these. I need to return them for a size up to fit any real hip armor, as you'll see in the pics the hip armor pockets are smaller than my own hand (which is quite small), and even if I found hip armor for a pocket that small, it wouldn't give me a whole lot of protection. I have bony hips, so that matters to me a lot.

Otherwise, man, these are COMFORTABLE jeans. I wish I had a pair of these in a regular cut!

They are cut a bit awkward though - extra crotch room specifically (hello... designers... we have no junk down there...).

They also fit around the waist quite tight, considering I usually wear two sizes smaller than these (I ordered up so I could fit hip armor). Even with the upsize, they were already tight on me, and no way I could fit hip armor even IF the pockets were big enough to hold any.

Also, no extra stretchy in the knee area, which I think is needed with this kind of serious armor.

So... thanks a second time to everybody for all your recommendations, because I'm going to be looking at something else instead.

Attached are pics - me in the Jflex jeans, and me in regular (super skinny) jeans, in the size I normally wear, so you can get an idea of fit and flattery.

IMG_1131_zpsweclpjhw.jpgIMG_1136_zpsp8zamwnn.jpgIMG_1133_zpszdujgvh6.jpgIMG_1138_zpscrdazy3c.jpgIMG_1139_zpslmtuweev.jpg

How much are you willing to spend for kevlar lined jeans with included armor?

If 350 dollars doesn't raise your eyebrows that much, I recommend uglybros jeans.  Being a skinny Japanese dude, I had basically NO CHOICE but to buy jeans from them since every other jeans I tried locally were so freaking huge, I had to buy skinny asian jeans.  In retrospect, I believe I can also fit Dianese except... my wife has Dianese jeans and they suck compared to Uglybros.  There is barely any kevlar lining on her Dianese and her soft armor seems... well too soft. I'll probably buy her a pair for Christmas or something.

I have a pair of 2Slubk, and these I believe are the female version:

http://www.uglybrosusa.com/shop/aegis/

All the armor are removable and guessing the size is similar since I can basically fit into women's size 4 jeans.... maybe even smaller sizes?

Hip armor pic:

img_0110.jpg

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
http://www.rusteprotection.com/ is the place my girlfriend sent her jeans to have converted to Kevlar riding jeans + hip and knee armor.  It was/is expensive but safety is worth it.  I will report back when she gets them back, but check out the site and videos they have.  I may send a pair if i like how they did hers.

crescentwrench
How much are you willing to spend for kevlar lined jeans with included armor? 
If 350 dollars doesn't raise your eyebrows that much, I recommend uglybros jeans.  Being a skinny Japanese dude, I had basically NO CHOICE but to buy jeans from them since every other jeans I tried locally were so freaking huge, I had to buy skinny asian jeans.  In retrospect, I believe I can also fit Dianese except... my wife has Dianese jeans and they suck compared to Uglybros.  There is barely any kevlar lining on her Dianese and her soft armor seems... well too soft. I'll probably buy her a pair for Christmas or something.

I have a pair of 2Slubk, and these I believe are the female version:

http://www.uglybrosusa.com/shop/aegis/

All the armor are removable and guessing the size is similar since I can basically fit into women's size 4 jeans.... maybe even smaller sizes?

Hip armor pic:

img_0110.jpg
Dang... these would be perfect if they were half that price... 

@wickedtwister - I definitely want to hear how that goes!  

Alpinestars also just announced these bad boys (er, girls..), which come with BOTH knee and hip armor already in them. A little pricey for me but maybe I can ask hubby for some for Christmas. http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-womens-riley-riding-jeans

And these, which ambiguously may have both CE certified knee armor and CE certified hip armor (or maybe only just CE knee armor, and regular hip armor): http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-womens-riley-riding-jeans

For both of them, they're reinforced with aramid fibers (what Kevlar is made of), maybe just a different brand.

Hey, it worked! Thanks HBC! (MOTM)

Beemer

• 2 weeks later...

Those uglybros pants look perfect, but the price...ouch
These look interesting
http://mottowear.us/mottowear-products/stella-jeans/
The price is a bit more reasonable... I still wish I could go try things on somewhere!

I heard from a friend the other day there were 2 women on a recent episode of Shark Tank that were trying to get affordable, good quality protective gear that isn't ugly out. Looked it up- it's called GoGo Gear. They don't have a diverse product line yet though.
I'm not sure how I feel about Kevlar Leggings
http://www.gogogearla.com/kevlar-leggings-1/

@ Chaparral today I tried on S&S Killer Queen, Motto (mens) City x, Alpinestars Kerry Tech.

Some photos to show how the different brands/cuts fit my body style. I consider myself a skinny apple shape, lol. I would be curvy if I had a waist!
1st pic for reference in my regular skinny jeans. They fit a little loose, size 7.
40ac6f027ae951a57ad7c02e63000639.jpg

Because they cost $300, Alpinestars is first: size 10
aa6b72926705f9cca677b7db0ba90f3a.jpg Hideous, uncomfortable K-Mart style look. The knee armor hit the front of my shin, under my knees. The quality felt top notch.

These are the men's size XS Motto City X $129
214e741b135ffedc478e7cf92947d92a.jpg
Comfortable, nice feeling materials, good quality. I wish they came 1 size smaller, I almost bought them like this and would take the to a tailor. The armor hit right at the knee.

S&S Killer Queen, size 12 $149
efa7606db5d8abdb23942f3a926aa21f.jpg
Comfortable but no stretch. Nice style, the armor hit perfectly at the knee. Not sure why they made the waist so large? There is seriously like 5 inches I could take out, and I obviously do not have a small waist for my size. I like the stretchy inserted panels. I had to go up to a 12 to get the legs to fit right, but even in the smaller sizes, the waist was huge and awkward.
They felt good quality in the smaller sizes, but the size 12 I tried on was horribly stitched. The legs felt like 2 different sizes, and the insets were off each other by more than an inch. Too bad, $149 isn't that bad for armor + style.
This pic shows the waist:
81eab861131e8417675105b6e3300200.jpg

None of these pants had a woman involved in the design process. I doubt even a real designer. I have never tried on so many poor fitting pants before. :(

Tomorrow morning Im going to the Victorville Cycle Gear to try these on
http://www.cyclegear.com/BILT-IRON-WORKERS-Womens-Motorcycle-Cargo-Pants/
I may ride out to the Dainese store if I get hellbent on this search!

crescentwrench
@ Chaparral today I tried on S&S Killer Queen, Motto (mens) City x, Alpinestars Kerry Tech. 
Some photos to show how the different brands/cuts fit my body style. I consider myself a skinny apple shape, lol. I would be curvy if I had a waist!
1st pic for reference in my regular skinny jeans. They fit a little loose, size 7.
40ac6f027ae951a57ad7c02e63000639.jpg

Because they cost $300, Alpinestars is first: size 10
aa6b72926705f9cca677b7db0ba90f3a.jpg Hideous, uncomfortable K-Mart style look. The knee armor hit the front of my shin, under my knees. The quality felt top notch.

These are the men's size XS Motto City X $129
214e741b135ffedc478e7cf92947d92a.jpg
Comfortable, nice feeling materials, good quality. I wish they came 1 size smaller, I almost bought them like this and would take the to a tailor. The armor hit right at the knee.

S&S Killer Queen, size 12 $149
efa7606db5d8abdb23942f3a926aa21f.jpg
Comfortable but no stretch. Nice style, the armor hit perfectly at the knee. Not sure why they made the waist so large? There is seriously like 5 inches I could take out, and I obviously do not have a small waist for my size. I like the stretchy inserted panels. I had to go up to a 12 to get the legs to fit right, but even in the smaller sizes, the waist was huge and awkward.
They felt good quality in the smaller sizes, but the size 12 I tried on was horribly stitched. The legs felt like 2 different sizes, and the insets were off each other by more than an inch. Too bad, $149 isn't that bad for armor + style.
This pic shows the waist:
81eab861131e8417675105b6e3300200.jpg

None of these pants had a woman involved in the design process. I doubt even a real designer. I have never tried on so many poor fitting pants before. :(

Tomorrow morning Im going to the Victorville Cycle Gear to try these on
[a]http://www.cyclegear.com/BILT-IRON-WORKERS-Womens-Motorcycle-Cargo-Pants/[/a][a]
I may ride out to the Dainese store if I get hellbent on this search!
[/a]
argh, why can't I see any of your pics?! Thanks for the report!

I am potentially getting some Dainese leather pants if my CL purchase goes through. Will share, too.

@ Cycle Gear I bought the Bilt Women's Cargo Jeans in size 12. (I am normally a size 6!) A nice bit of stretch in the fabric helps with the comfort. The legs and butt fit pretty good, but still a gap at the waist. The gap is smaller than all the others were, so overall they "fit" The quality feels good, and they don't look like mom jeans ????
They are on sale currently, making them a steal.
2e89a68b4ec7ff7b5a3fbe003433070c.jpg
9a5b1eac931aaf5a890c05af4ac7e11b.jpg
With a belt I'll be comfortable.

• Global Moderator

Farmers tan beware :P
why cant they make decent lookng mens jeans.... they are all baggy as hell

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
Sorkyah, if you haven't already, try Motto Jeans or the Speed & Strength. Also, if you have money to drop, the uglybros stuff looks really nice.
http://www.uglybrosusa.com/
Motto jeans ill look into. Thnx @tawny

uglybros is expensive and doesnt carry fatass sizes, and when I referred to baggyness i meant the speed and strength gear.
Sorry for thear jacking @crescentwrench
back to the shopping/fashionista talk

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived