The MT-07 Forum

OMG Ladies' jeans WITH armor

crescentwrench

• Premium Member

I'm no longer going to try to buy moto jeans. I'm going to start buying good quality jeans that fit well one size bigger and send them into ruste protection to have Kevlar and protectors sewed into them. My girlfriend had a pair of hers done and their quality and attention to detail is great. Plus you mark where you want the protectors to go and they are them in so they fit perfectly. Pricy but so are skin grafts.

crescentwrench

Wow...
I'm gonna try out the new Alpinestars jeans supposed to ship October. But if those don't work out then maybe I'll give that a try! Thanks for following up about those.

For now I'll say my revit pants are getting a major downgrade in my book. I burned my leg on the crankcase today THRU the pants.

Ouch! I do like my Bilt pants for the price, no burns and surprisingly they were not too hot. At one point today my bikes temp gauge said 115 deg! It was close to accurate when I reached home at 106, it said 108. That was at 80mph...

I may invest in the Ruste Protection at some point, it seems like the only way to get good fitting solid protection in pants. It's spendy, but you choose the fit. I really like that!

Note on the Bilt Cargo Pants-
I can't wear the knee armor because I can't bend my leg with them in, the pants are too tight at the knee for the added thickness so they cut off circulation. They aren't even that tight, I have to wear my belt. I still feel for the $ they are better than nothing.

@ Crescentwrench-
What new Alpinestars jeans?

You guys should look into gogogear, they have kevlar leggings with armor that you wear under your preferred jeans. Motorcycle specific jeans look like ass with the exception of uglybros.

You guys should look into gogogear, they have kevlar leggings with armor that you wear under your preferred jeans. Motorcycle specific jeans look like ass with the exception of uglybros.

The gogo gear leggings are designed to be worn alone, not under jeans. I'm not really a yoga pants/leggings kind of girl...I did mention their gear above, as I was excited to find them at first. Hopefully they expand their product line- I'll be watching for less "I ride a cool Vespa to the coffee shop" styles.

Ah, they have a kevlar base layer for guys, and yoga pants for girls. Go figure.
That's exactly our problem :thumbdown:

The Alpinestars Kerry Tech are the one of the ones I tried on. They look ok on the model, but they are hideous mom jeans and the cut is awful.

I wish I could afford the uglybros right now. I'm curious how they would fit me!

crescentwrench

Sorry ladies, I've been leathering up...!

I found a sweet pair of lightly used Dainese leathers in size 40. They went for $400+ brand new, and I got them for $120.

Then I found an amazing deal on eBay for a full suit!!! Also Dainese also size 40. Fits amazing. They went for $1199 brand new! I got them for $370!!!

I can't believe I have so much riding gear now. I was thinking, hmm, shouldn't I get rid of some of this? But nope, here's where I stand:

Touring pants for when I dual-sport, or for whatever reason when I need to wear pants at my destination besides my moto pants (they easily slip over regular pants)

The leather Dainese pants for when I am up in the canyons but not pushing it too hard, and it's warmer.

The full suit when I'm pushing it and/or it's cooler.

The jeans will be for when I'm making a quick run for groceries, a movie, a lunch date, etc.

I wear my Rev'It leather jacket everywhere, all season... even though it has no vents, it has all the armor and actually looks decent on me.

• Premium Member
Sorry ladies, I've been leathering up...! 
I found a sweet pair of lightly used Dainese leathers in size 40. They went for $400+ brand new, and I got them for $120.

Then I found an amazing deal on eBay for a full suit!!! Also Dainese also size 40. Fits amazing. They went for $1199 brand new! I got them for $370!!!

I can't believe I have so much riding gear now. I was thinking, hmm, shouldn't I get rid of some of this? But nope, here's where I stand:

Touring pants for when I dual-sport, or for whatever reason when I need to wear pants at my destination besides my moto pants (they easily slip over regular pants)

The leather Dainese pants for when I am up in the canyons but not pushing it too hard, and it's warmer.

The full suit when I'm pushing it and/or it's cooler.

The jeans will be for when I'm making a quick run for groceries, a movie, a lunch date, etc.

I wear my Rev'It leather jacket everywhere, all season... even though it has no vents, it has all the armor and actually looks decent on me.
I hear ya on the riding gear, lol. 
When I first saw this thread just now I was going to suggest leathers vs riding jeans, and now going through all the pages I see you've built up quite the assortment of gear :)

After doing more track riding now vs street riding, I just can't see myself wearing anything other than the full gamut.  When I do ride on the street in my track suit, I get this A LOT - "Isn't that thing hot and uncomfortable?"

My reply: "It can be at times, but I'd rather be a little hot and sweaty in my leather suit than cool and comfortable in my hospital gown." 

The look on their face after I say that is priceless :)

- Paulie

You found some screaming deals! Congrats!!

My gear situation isn't quite that far yet. I have great all weather, cold or rain gear. It's this heat I can't get right, plus I just really want a decent pair of jeans. That's purely just a want now that I have the Bilt Ironworkers.

For the heat I have an inexpensive Shift mesh jacket. Over 100° it doesn't matter how fast you go, the wind becomes an oven, sucking the moisture out instead of cooling you.

Last Thursday I rode from Redlands to Long Beach leaving at 430-6am. Then at 9am I rode to Canoga Park, leaving for Ontario at 2. I was inside closed down Grocery stores with no HVAC functioning & it was over 100° most of that day.
What do you do to stay protected but not pass out from the heat? I have to be able to wear a company t-shirt and look somewhat presentable. I don't think the soakable vests are a good option.
I am considering the motocross armored mesh shirts. Most appear to be only for impact, not sliding, though some look like they have the correct street armor. Anyone ever use one, or have firsthand knowledge?

I desperately need to find a better upper body solution, because I may pass out from the heat!

My son wears that armored mesh Moto "jacket". It had plenty of padding and kidney protection. He loves it. It cant be any worse than my mesh jackets.

crescentwrench

@tawny seriously the best thing you can do is stay extremely well hydrated. I wear.my leather jacket year round, same like @pgeldz says.
Drink more water than you think you need to!
I had a Navy SEAL once tell me that drinking water the morning of an event where you know you're going to be hot, is like going for a jog the morning of a marathon and calling that "training."
In that way, hydration is sort of a mentality.

I wear a camelback with nearly frozen water and ice cubes in it. This also helps keep me cool.
But sweat does it better.

Also if I have to go somewhere hot and stay there for more than a half hour or so, I wear shorts under my riding pants and take my riding pants off. That is a tremendous help.

Professionally, I also just sometimes bring a whole change of clothes. It's little bit of a hassle but, it's worth it if you're dealing with an environment that really demands something other than riding gear.

There's no way I'd do leather all the time. Especially in socal. Motorcycling to me is about intelligent risk management. No better way to take the critical thought out of risk management than to chase after maximum safety, all of the time.

While you actually on the bike perforated leather full suit is perfectly fine ( And that is riding in North Queensland ( 19degSouth))). Bloody aweful when stopped though. Used to lose 2 to 3 kilos in warmer months September to April on race days and that was with drinking non stop. Butas soon as you ride perforated suits and it's cold they are freezing. In hot months I use a armoured mesh road jacket on the road. Track is leather full suit always. Dianese make superb fitting mens' suits , but can't comment on womens' fittings. My favourites are Teknik.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I used to ride in a white perforated leather jacket. It wasn't cooler than my current mesh. It did weigh about 80lbs when I wore it in the rain once. >.<

You aren't kidding about the heat when stopped! The LA Traffic and over 100° days will force you to embrace lane splitting, or pass out.

I just bought a light blue under armour heatgear shirt. Hoping its a better top for under the mesh jacket than a regular t-shirt. If so I'll get one to have the company logo silk screened into for work use!
Guess I have to go test it ????

• Global Moderator

Its what i wear under my work uniform every day.
The viper air jacket i have flows quite a bit of air and if i wet the undershirf before leaving work i feel like im sitting in front of an a/c vent

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

crescentwrench

The gogo gear leggings are designed to be worn alone, not under jeans....I'll be watching for less "I ride a cool Vespa to the coffee shop" styles.
lmao ... exactly.

Have a look at Draggin stuff.
I would like to try on their women's jeans, but there are no dealers around here. After trying on so many, I'm really scared to try ordering any honestly. Maybe there will be some at the motorcycle show in November.

I feel the same way, although I prefer men's clothes :).  Even getting gloves, boots or helmets, the dealerships have such limited stuff you can try on.

Have a look at Draggin stuff.
I would like to try on their women's jeans, but there are no dealers around here. After trying on so many, I'm really scared to try ordering any honestly. Maybe there will be some at the motorcycle show in November.

The mens' and womens' Draggins are properly cut, so mens' will be gapey at the waist and very long to the waistband if you are female and wear mens. Having said that a couple of the womens' styles are that ridiculous ultra short waistband height that is just plain incomfortable on a motorcycle. I met the Draggin guys at Phillip Island at their stand last year. One guy said they made that style becuase they gotr asked for it...( female pillions maybe?).
You could try contacting them and see if there is a US outlet close by. I have a couple of pairs and Sally ( my girlfriend) has a pair. Extremely comfortable and the new kevlar liner style is a bit improvement. They are Sally's first choice when riding over her adventure pants ( I prefer my RST adventure pants for distance). BTW Sally wears mens cut but she is a somewhat round shape so the womens' don't fit her well.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived