The MT-07 Forum

SORE NECK WHEN RIDING

dony

• Premium Member

Hello all, I have been riding this bike a few months now and love it , but when I am out on longer rides I always get a sore cramped neck. I know this is a trade off of riding a naked bike with no screen. I tried a helmet upgrade to see if it would help. I had a cheap Bell Qualifier and after much research settled on a Shoei Regalia GT Air. While I do notice it cuts thru the air much better I am still getting that sore neck. Grrr. I really don't want a screen because I love the look and feel of the bike without it so I guess some neck muscle exercises are in order !  Lol.

• Global Moderator

They make neck braces that are to help prevent neck injuries. I am not sure if one of these may help. I have seen them but have not tried one on.

• Premium Member

I have a Shoei RF -1200 and after a full week of riding back and fourth to work (650 miles @ 80 mph)) my neck still gets a little sore still.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member
I have a Shoei RF -1200 and after a full week of riding back and fourth to work (650 miles @ 80 mph)) my neck still gets a little sore still.
Wow 650 miles a week is quite a commute. I thought I had a tough commute only going 100 miles a week! 

• Premium Member
Wow 650 miles a week is quite a commute. I thought I had a tough commute only going 100 miles a week!
Its why I purchased the bike better mpg but now I spend more on stuff for the bike so the gas savings is out the window lol 

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Some good pull back handle bar risers should help with the sore neck syndrom. With them you can sit more upright and not have to cock your neck back to look level/straight ahead. I get the same thing every ride, it affects my shoulder muscles, too but my gf has hands of gold that melt all that away after a ride. I try to get her to ride on the back and massage constantly to avoid it starting but she won't do it!!  >:D

Beemer

It take time for the muscle in your neck to build up, once it does you wont notice any more.
I'm at the age where the only thing that builds up in my body is pain, constipation and lactate. Life is good ....

Beemer

• Premium Member
Some good pull back handle bar risers should help with the sore neck syndrom. With them you can sit more upright and not have to cock your neck back to look level/straight ahead. I get the same thing every ride, it affects my shoulder muscles, too but my gf has hands of gold that melt all that away after a ride. I try to get her to ride on the back and massage constantly to avoid it starting but she won't do it!!  >:D
I don't think I will have any luck trying for the massage, lol, but I really am interested in some risers but haven't really been able to find any that incorporate the ECU and don't require cable extension's. I think even a modest 1" rise would make a big difference on the pressure points. 

Archived