The MT-07 Forum

MT-03

nerd

• Premium Member

This looks like a winner guys... hopefully they bring it to the states soon because my wife would probably let me talk her into getting one since it's not too big. 
[attachment id=830" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=831" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=832" thumbnail="1]

Revzilla story

• Premium Member

I can't help but be a little pissed off that they are including a sub cowl on that bike but not on the 07.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Looks amazing! I hope they bring it to the US. I am assuming that they are using much of the R3 architecture.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Global Moderator

Im so with you there @yamahappy74
The oem subcowl should be on all of the fz/mt lineup, adds a little bit to the bottom end of the bike lending it a bit of class, mt03 looks awesome in that burgundy red

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Looks like a tiny fz1 more than the fz07 to me. That exhaust is surprisingly good looking for a stock exhaust.

So there has been a concept sketch floating around of a bike that I thought was the FZ-07 concept, but looking at this bike I'm wondering... This bike looks a lot more like the concept than the 07 does. AT least it does as far as the painted portion of the headlight assembly goes. Neither have the rear passenger peg supports coming up from the bottom though, like the concept did. That was my favorite part. It's a slick looking bike for sure though. I thought the 07 was a tiny little bike, but man this must be barely bigger than a Grom haha (just kidding).

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

That dangling hemorrhoid though. I thought the 07's was bad!  O_o

Illegitimi non carborundum

That dangling hemorrhoid though. I thought the 07's was bad!  O_o
To be fair, that's the MT model so it's larger to accommodate the euro number plates that are taller than ours in the US.  

Is it possible that the mt-03 will have the same crossplane setup as the fz-07? Or will it more likely be the engine directly from the R3, so the 180 degree crank?

• Premium Member

I hear all this talk of buying these smaller bikes for women. Why? My fiancé rides a '99 Triumph Adventurer which has a 900 derived from the speed Triple engine. It was her first bike and she's had it for 7 years now. I'm not saying everyone should run out and buy a 900 day one, but I don't understand why so many assume that a 300 is the only bike a woman can handle. At least, that's how it comes across; I doubt that's what everyone is implying.

I don't think that's what they are implying either. Just from my personal experience though, I can say I know more women than men that are a little more timid to start out, and have expressed more interest in a bike that - at least to them - seems less intimidating. That said, I can probably say of all the riders I know, I probably know more women (whether they took this approach or not) that could have just as easily started on a larger bike.

I'm in the camp that believes even a liter bike can be the right starter bike for the right person, man or woman. It just takes the right person. All sorts of things come into play when making that decision, not the least of which are ego (or the ability to check it), timidness and self control.

There's a short write up about it in one of the comics over here, about 40hp and the
same weight as the 07 they liked it though.

Archived