The MT-07 Forum

Key Code location?

nope

Hello!

I recently bought a used 2015 fz07 in liquid graphite color (yay!), but the seller had lost one of the keys with the key code on it. I was wondering if you guys know whether there is a key code stamped somewhere on the bike. If not, how else can I go about getting the key code back?

Cheers.

Cant you just have it copied? or as it got the immobiliser fitted, don't think the US ones have don't know about Canadian bikes.
Wont be a code on the bike may be in the docs somewhere but if it does have a immobiliser if you loose all the keys it costs a 
fortune to sort out.

• Premium Member

Check the owners manual to see if it was written down... The US keys you can get duplicated at a key shop....the non-us models with the fancy chip in the key, be prepared to spend $$$

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I don't think the Canadian bikes have a chip in the key either, just take it in to a key shop and get it cut. I think you can order blanks from Yamaha too.

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Find name of Yamaha dealer where seller purchased bike, they should have a record of the key code for your bike. No guarantee they have it, but if they are worth anything they should store this info on their computer with the bikes other information. Good luck!

bmwpowere36m3

New, the bike comes with two keys and a metal tag containing the key code... Ask the dealer if they can get a key made based on the VIN. If not, you'll have to get one cut by a locksmith. I highly doubt its stamped on the bike, wouldn't be a good idea anyway (from a security perspective). However check any paperwork you got, maybe it's written down somewhere.

Thanks for all the replies! Yeah I have the US version of the bike so I guess there isn't an immobiliser in the key. Anyhow, it's good to know that I can get the key cut without any trouble, still, it'd be pretty nice to have a key code for any emergencies. Sadly he didn't provide me with any manuals for the bike, so I guess my best bet is getting in touch with the dealer.

Archived