The MT-07 Forum

Ride across the Skyway Bridge today

Beemer

If you've never seen or crossed over the Skyway Bridge here's an idea of what it's like. I put up some cool links for info on the bridge as well. Be fore-warned, I don't have an external mic so the sound is crappy so either turn you volume down or play some music if you need sound with your videos. Enjoy!

[video src=https://youtu.be/pBbBWa0u0JQ]

Beemer

teamxdr
So did you have much luck fishing there? Where are you living now? I don't see you in Fl. on the member map. Oh wait, you're a vendor, right? I've never been to Ft. Desoto but have heard it's a nice place to visit, will have to check it out some time. Is it a good place for kayaking?

Beemer

I was stationed at MacDill AFB in Tampa for 7 years.. I'm in N. Carolina now. Caught a decent amount of fish there, caught crazier stuff off the pier in St Pete. And yes I'm a vendor.

• Premium Member

Pretty cool, I haven't made the trek over the Skyway yet. I was close to it this past weekend, met my significant other with the pup at the dog beach in Ft Desoto. The park is pretty nice, I have not explored it fully though, only really go to the dog beach there. I do see a kayak rental place just north of the dog beach on the other side of the island.

When I first moved down to Florida I learned about the Skyway and the accident that brought the original bridge down. The audio from the coast guard and vessel that hit the boat was very eerie to listen to.

I agree, I listened to that on you tube and it was definitely eerie, gave me chills. What a huge tragedy that was. On a happier note, you should ride over it, the scenery is awesome. No video can capture what it's really like.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Yeah, I plan on doing it at some point, just have not had enough time to take the trek over it yet.

Archived