The MT-07 Forum

Took the silver side covers off

cybmx

What's the little canister strapped to the frame above your left passenger peg?

Overall I like it, but I will probably paint mine black as opposed to removing them and leaving the now visible mounting holes empty.

What's the little canister strapped to the frame above your left passenger peg? 

Overall I like it, but I will probably paint mine black as opposed to removing them and leaving the now visible mounting holes empty.
I have the Penske double adjustable rear shock, that canister is the reservoir. I like the naked look and prefer to expose some metal parts. As for those mounting holes, I might consider just cut the tabs clean off.

I'm torn. I'm def feelin the naked look. I like it alot with them off. I also don't like the unfinished look, all the parts that aren't supposed to be seen (mounting holes, straps and clips). I may tinker with them off and see if I can clean up the appearance with mine off but may ultimately paint black.

• Premium Member
If/when I remove the airbox and go to a K&N dual pod filter, the naked look may be even better then.
that's the look that's cool with the triumph modern classics-i did that with my thruxton,but put the side covers back on-the weather,wind,rain etc effects the fueling with the pods hangin out in the open.looks pretty racy though. 

That's my hesitation. I want the pods because it gives clearance for a GSXR shock I want to put on. It has a forward mounted reservoir on top that won't fit with the airbox there. I ride in the rain a lot, so I need some kind of side covers at least to keep the air filter dryish.

I took them off of mine and cut/ground all of the mounting tabs off and used wire wrap on the newly exposed wiring. I'd take a picture, but that bike is sitting in a scrap yard somewhere now.

It looked very nice though.

Like the title says, I took my side covers off. I like the look much better now. Clean and simple.vHFRk6L.jpg 
SjibHho.jpgWhat do you guys think?

What handlebar setup are you running? And are you running the gpr stabilizer?

Like the title says, I took my side covers off. I like the look much better now. Clean and simple.vHFRk6L.jpg 
SjibHho.jpgWhat do you guys think?

Yes I'm running the GPR damper.
This the handlebar I have:
https://spieglerusa.com/controls/handlebars-accessories-101/handlebars-7-8-1/speed-bar-handlebars-4444.htm

Yes I'm running the GPR damper.
This the handlebar I have:
https://spieglerusa.com/controls/handlebars-accessories-101/handlebars-7-8-1/speed-bar-handlebars-4444.htm

Thanks for the reply. How do you like you're setup? Thinking about going a similar route. BTW I can dig your "extra naked" look lol. Personally, I think I'm just going to paint it black.

Thanks for the reply. How do you like you're setup? Thinking about going a similar route. BTW I can dig your "extra naked" look lol. Personally, I think I'm just going to paint it black.

I love my current setup! Feel like a prefect balance for me. Not aggressive enough to wear me out for long distance, but aggressive enough for me to have good control and tuck at high speed.

Before the LSL bar and GPR bar clamp, I tried a drag bar as well as the woodcraft clip-on. The drag bar on the stock clamp was a big improvement to the stock handlebar, but the lack of downward/pullback angle made it kinda uncomfortable for long distance. The woodcraft clip-on(1.5 down) was nice and near ideal. But when I put on the damper the adapter would not fit the GPR clamp so I had to seek alternatives. Finally ended up with the LSL bar and it actually feels better than the woodcraft as the LSL has more downward angles and adjustability.

Be aware that if you go for the same setup like mine, the clamp will be slightly too wide for the bar and therefore pinching the bending point of the bar a little.

Personally, I like it and may do the same thing. Like a cool looking warehouse apartment exposing it's beams and pipes, this exposes it's frame and wiring. So what you see wires there, you see them all over the handlebars all the time. Just cut the mounts off, grind and paint. That plastic is gaudy and bulky looking anyway in comparison and I think it's closer to what a naked should look like and now it actually does look light.

Beemer

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

The remaining spatulas really stand out now - like others have said, paint 'em black.

Illegitimi non carborundum

IMO this looks correct. side-covers are for lazy designers who are just cutting corners and using plastic to cover up their haste. It started in earnest circa 2007 with the EX650 and keeps getting worse. The proper big-city thing to do with empty tabs is put multi-colored LEDs or colored titanium fasteners in their place.
;-)

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Archived