The MT-07 Forum

Picking up the bike........literally.

V8titanpwr

• Premium Member

So I know someone else on here did some minor damage to there 07 the first day, your not the only one, wasn't bad though.

So YAY! Picked the bike up today. Couldn't get a ride so I took my truck. did the paperwork, blah blah blah, then after all was said and done, there she was, the first time I had laid my eyes upon her, it was love at first sight. Loaded her in the truck and started my 30 mile drive. Got 1/2 a mile away from my house and a strap gave out.

Ts3klPC.jpg

Twisted the plate holder and knocked out a turn signal. Luckily enough Yamaha knows how to make a pretty sturdy bike so the turn signal popped back in and after 30 mins of twisting and bending, I got the plate bracket back to a normal shape. The only permanent damage is a small tear, gonna pick up a tail tidy anyhow, but it will work for now.

1frdSCa.jpg

87xHJ8F.jpg

So here she is in all her glory, 2 miles on the clock and ready to let loose, damn shes fine.

QUrWDYZ.jpg

8YBQobv.jpg?1

SGReQgb.jpg

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Global Moderator

Man that SUCKS !   >:D
I bet your hart stopped for second or so seeing it go in your rear view mirror.
I feel for you even if the damage is superficial. Tail Tidy Time, maybe some signals too?

(ps Mine dropped while parked on gras and it had a bent a lever)

Guest MXRider

Sucks your new bike took a tumble already. I've had straps break on me before too and it's never fun. But at least it wasn't major. Enjoy your new bike.

• Premium Member

Thanks guys, just took her for her first ride, just WOW! The shifting is smooth, the breaks are hard and what's a corner, because I sure didn't feel it if I did hit one, lol.

• Premium Member
aw man, sorry to ear that Titan :( :(
It's all good, the stupid grin I had from this thing eating corners made up for the minor day one damage caused  :)

• Global Moderator

Titan, I love that sticker on the right side of your truck window.

Going to laugh because I complete understand the situation. Luckily my tow portion went a lot smoother than when bring the trailer to pickup my 07
the pin to the hitch broke so the trailer was bouncing all over the highway. Had to rig the hitch with a shoe string and move down the highway at 10 mpg. hated that trip

"It takes an idiot to do cool things; that's why it's cool" - FLCL

• Premium Member
Titan, I love that sticker on the right side of your truck window.
I have some laying around, do you want me to ship you one? Just send me a PM with your details, there's a local guy that I had make them.

From most of the experiences i've seen people have with pickups and bikes don't quite belong together ;-|

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

• Premium Member

It was my own fault I didn't strap it right in my rush to get home and ride, minor damage and lesson learned about how this bike likes to be straped down. I have had my shadow in the bed a ton of times with no problems.

Guest MXRider

From most of the experiences i've seen people have with pickups and bikes don't quite belong together ;-|

How are you supposed to get your bike to the track then?

Ride it there?

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

• Premium Member

You don't ride your bike to the track you haul it there, just in case your bike isn't in one piece at the end of it. Besides that some people run different tires on the track than on the street.

• Global Moderator

Everybody here has a pickup truck. It's the main mode of transportation. I couldn't do without one (I tried).
V8titanpwr was just unlucky. Could happen on a trailer too. Bikes even fall over at the dealer. Gravity gets you in the end.

• Premium Member
Everybody here has a pickup truck. It's the main mode of transportation. I couldn't do without one (I tried). V8titanpwr was just unlucky. Could happen on a trailer too. Bikes even fall over at the dealer. Gravity gets you in the end.
Exactly, I have hauled my Triumph and my Honda in the truck and have had zero problems, I didn't triple check my strap placement for this bike and payed for it. Lesson learned.

Guest MXRider

Ride it there?

No way. You might crash, you need to bring fuel, food, drinks, tools, etc. What if you have more than one bike, or it's not street legal?

Are there any sweet tracks in Maryland area?

Guest MXRider

Are there any sweet tracks in Maryland area?

There is Summit Point near Charlestown WV, Beaver Run in PA, NJMP in NJ, and VIR In southern VA.

Dang that Shenandoah Circuit looks sweet!

Sorry to hear about your mishap v8titanpwr. I'm always paranoid that something like that will happen within moments of getting something new...but at least you got the 'first scratch/drop/crash experience out of the way early! It happens to everyone at some point :(

Archived