The MT-07 Forum

Review of Alpinestars Viper Air mesh jacket

sorkyah

• Global Moderator

Summer heat in Phoenix, Arizona. Need I say more?

alpinestars_viper_air_jacket_black_red_white_zoom.jpg
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-viper-air-jacket

This mesh jacket is amazing. I purchased an XL black/red from Revzilla around the beginning of May. It fit perfectly in comparison to the the size chart, a little tight across the shoulders, but that's only a slight drawback due to the thick CE rated shoulder and elbow armor that comes with it.
There is no back or chest armor, but for a sub $200 jacket I didn't expect it. So, I also ordered the Alpinestars Nucleon kr-1i back protector and kr-ci chest protectors. These protectors fit the jacket's pockets perfectly, and didn't add much in the way of a restriction when it came to movement. It added about 1/4" over the stock foam padding.

The jacket took about a week or so to break in/soften up. After this I noticed the elbow insert pockets that are held together with Velcro, started to separate. The Velcro shifted slightly and caused a really annoying scratchy sensation.
Other than that I have no gripes with it whatsoever.

While riding, even in +110°F temperatures the jacket certainly helps you feel like you're wearing a portable A/C unit.
The front and rear of the jacket is a high air flow mesh, even sitting in traffic, it seems it creates it's own airflow.

The sleeves are pre-curved and have a small zippered vent at the wrist, but doesn't have much ventilation other than that. The sleeves themselves are a bit loose, probably to promote airflow at speed.

There are 2 adjustments available on the Viper Air jacket, the waist and sleeve cuffs. Both of these I personally found didn't need much adjustment due to my size, but for those of a slighter build it will certainly help.

This jacket also comes with a weatherproof liner. I have yet to use it, but on cooler days the jacket flows well enough for me to consider putting the liner in.

Overall I love this thing.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a summer jacket.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
thank you for participating!
sorry for being late.... had issues with my phone's word processor and thanks for hosting the contest

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived