The MT-07 Forum

Review of Joe Rocket riding jeans

RobMoore

image_12.jpg

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/joe-rocket-accelerator-riding-jeans
I've had these for a few years, and I have only recently started wearing them again, mainly because I didn't trust the protection they offered in a high speed slide, and on my 636 ninja I went high speed a lot.

So, on what are mostly tamer rides on the FZ, I chose the jeans and jacket over my leather suit.

The good:

They are comfortable. Fit to your usual size, I would say they are a wrangler cut in the waist and thigh, and open up a little below the knee to allow them to be worn over a race boot.

They are better than department store jeans in that they have flex panels in the knee and lower back. The waist doesn't give you plumber's butt when on the bike, and there is no pressure or hot spots in the legs that you might get from tension or bulking of material from standard pants.

They have some Kevlar panels inside the waist and thigh and knee area.

The bad:

They are not durable at all. They are a crash once and trash pair of jeans. The outer material shows major wear and tear from what has been mild use over a couple years. Regular jeans would look better given the same use. Mine are missing a belt loop and I have had to repair the zipper. They are also showing signs of developing holes in certain areas.

The protective lining is not connected to the adjacent panels, so in a slide of any duration, I would expect them to separate and cease to protect your skin.

Overall: they were cheap on the grand scale of riding jeans, but I am looking to buy a new set, and I will not be buying these again.

Archived