The MT-07 Forum

Anyone here with the blurple rims done rim tape yet?

yamahappy74

• Premium Member

I'm trying to decide if I want to do this or not. There are some pretty cool looking options on MotoInkz.com but as with everything I would like to do on this bike, I'm having trouble deciding on a color scheme. I feel like I'm limited to pretty much white or fluorescent yellow, and I'd like to see what it looks like on the rims before I commit.
If anyone is bored and has the ability, even a quick photoshop would be nice.

• Premium Member

Nevermind. I did a google image search and came up with one from our very own forums. I think yellow is right out as I don't care for the way this looks, personally. Maybe white instead. Or maybe I'll just paint the tire letters white.

http://fz07.org/thread/127/yamaha-fz-07-today?page=19
Actually, I think maybe that yellow rim tape would look better if it were matched with some pinstripe work on the tank and tail. It needs something to tie it together. Hmmmm....

I did a mint color inner and outer solid stripe on black wheels. I was tempted to get one of their flashier ones. I think on blue rims the white flashy graphics would look nice. Like those grey and white ones.

• Premium Member

I did the "black" 3M which looks like a dark grey most of the time and "white" when hit by light.

Archived