The MT-07 Forum

Akra Ti VS Carbon (loudness)

code3fz

Just picked up a "used" fz07 with 160 miles on it yesterday.  Love the bike so far but as everyone knows the exhaust is far to quiet.  I've researched hours and hours and have narrowed down my choices to the Akra Ti or the Carbon version.  I've seen the weight difference and the slight performance gain with the Carbon over the ti, but which one is actually louder?  I have yet to see a definitive answer on which one is louder.  Anyone have any insight or heard both in person?  All the youtube videos sound the same for loudness to me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

p.s. Once i get a day off of work a I plan on taking some pics and posting in the member introduction page.  Seems like a great forum around here!

I've officially reached the point where I would say with the baffle out, they all just sound the same to me now. All of them. Except the M4 which is probably one of the loudest ones out there. But all of them.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

I think in terms of decibel loudness, I think they are both around 98 DB at 4500 RPM. When you get into the higher RPMs, it will be really hard to notice the loudness of the Ti compared to the carbon. They will sound about the same in my opinion. I have the Ti and my buddy has the carbon, but he runs the baffle in and I run the baffle out. So his is obviously more quiet, but they sound very similar. I love my Ti w/o baffle and have to say it is one of the loudest bikes I have heard. I often am louder than Harley Davidsons with those really loud straight pipes, but mine sounds like a MotoGP race bike. Its a good kind of loud. I get so many head turns and thumbs ups, its crazy. People normally hear me before they see me and they don't know what is coming and when they see what is making that beautiful noise, they look with jaws dropped. Haha You are going to be happy with either one. It really just comes down to which one you like the look of best.

I ordered the Akra Ti and can't wait to install it. I just got my bike and have only 60 miles on it. Plan to run it baffle out also plus a ECU flash.

Honda Grom
CB 350

I ordered the Akra Ti and can't wait to install it. I just got my bike and have only 60 miles on it. Plan to run it baffle out also plus a ECU flash.
where are you getting if flashed at? 

I think in terms of decibel loudness, I think they are both around 98 DB at 4500 RPM. When you get into the higher RPMs, it will be really hard to notice the loudness of the Ti compared to the carbon. They will sound about the same in my opinion. I have the Ti and my buddy has the carbon, but he runs the baffle in and I run the baffle out. So his is obviously more quiet, but they sound very similar. I love my Ti w/o baffle and have to say it is one of the loudest bikes I have heard. I often am louder than Harley Davidsons with those really loud straight pipes, but mine sounds like a MotoGP race bike. Its a good kind of loud. I get so many head turns and thumbs ups, its crazy. People normally hear me before they see me and they don't know what is coming and when they see what is making that beautiful noise, they look with jaws dropped. Haha You are going to be happy with either one. It really just comes down to which one you like the look of best.
are you running your bike with a fuel controller? 

Maybe if we put them side by side it would make it easier for all to decide. both pipes in these videos are without db killer. To me the Ti sounds a little deeper but not necessarily louder. I think the higher pitched carbon pipe sounds louder but they both sound very similar. Get whichever flips your pancake.

[video src=https://youtu.be/gNyl9SkOhDo] [video src=https://youtu.be/9krm2X8C75s]

Beemer

where are you getting if flashed at?

Neil's at 2 wheel dynoworks.

Honda Grom
CB 350

Archived