The MT-07 Forum

Any notable differences between 2015 and 2016?

jgortner

Howdy,

Since we are on the cusp of the season and model year change I though it would be a valid question.

I have read a number of articles that mention the FZ-09 was tweaked slightly (maybe this was to resolve the "jerky" throttle I have been reading about)? But that the FZ-07 remained unchanged except the paint.

I am hoping there isn't much different as I prefer the paint from '15. But I want to be as informed as possible as paint isn't that important.

Thank so much in advance for your advice!

• Global Moderator

Paint... but for around $200 US that can be swapped out with factory parts that are pre painted...

I have a qoute from my dealership somewhere, I was looking at getting the Raven panels and pinstriping them in red for a stealthy kinda look

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
I can tell you for sure the 2016 are bit slower (red is gone)  :D
HOW DID I NOT REALIZE THIS!!!!
YES.... all 2016 models are automatically slower

• Premium Member
Paint... but for around $200 US that can be swapped out with factory parts that are pre painted...  
I have a qoute from my dealership somewhere, I was looking at getting the Raven panels and pinstriping them in red for a stealthy kinda look

do you know if they would do the same for wheels? like swapping the blue wheels  
for black?

I stopped by my dealer and saw the 2016 with the Silver / Burple. I loved it, although the decals are a bit cheesy. That combo is nice and the blurple wheels are really cool.

I can tell you for sure the 2016 are bit slower (red is gone)  :D
loool!  
Thank god for that, though! I was so tired of getting passed in my mind. Heh, heh!  P-)

Beemer

I stopped by my dealer and saw the 2016 with the Silver / Burple. I loved it, although the decals are a bit cheesy. That combo is nice and the blurple wheels are really cool.
Initially I liked them but the more I looked at them I kinda felt the same way, a little cheesy/too grabby, too AMF Sportster-ish. 
I finally received some gas tank decals I'd ordered some time back and took the blue pin striping off my tank. I think they look cool & mean at the same time. I'll put some pics of them up a little later today.

Beemer

• Global Moderator

rear ugly blurple wheel 1RC-25338-00-P0
front ugly blurple wheel 1WS-25168-00-P0

black wheel front 1WS-25168-00-98
Black rear wheel 1RC-25338-00-98

Archived