The MT-07 Forum

2WheelDynoWorks Custom Tune IXIL L3XB

alexm963

Well the day finally came. Nels and crew made it over to my hometown of Spokane, WA today and setup the dyno. I've been planning on getting a tune for months. I'm running the IXIL L3XB and have had it on for probably 6000 miles or so. Because he hadn't had a chance to build a tune for this exhaust the dyno time was free with only a charge for the standard ECU Flash. The initial run was putting out some great peak numbers(70HP, 48-49TQ) but with some definite room to clean up the A/F ratio on the top and bottom end of the rev range. After playing around with the timing a little Nels ran into some pinging issues and asked what fuel I was running. I had recently tried running 90 octane ethanol free and had noticed a pretty big decrease in my MPG's. After trying a few changes without much improvement Nels donated a few gallons of 92 to my tank and tried it again. After that it was smooth sailing. No gain really in peak numbers but got a lot more area under the curve in what I call the fun zone(4500-8500RPM). I only got to ride it back to work where I am now but I will be putting a few hundred miles on it this weekend and Nels said to come by again on Sunday if I think it needs any adjustment. Below is my sheet, and just to be clear. This is an IXIL L3XB w/o baffles and i hogged out the CAT section, no intake snorkel. I assume this tune will be available for any and all very shortly.
YDDpyr1.jpg

Pretty nice increase. Looks like it'll be good for another 6hp/tq over what mine put down with just the exhaust.

Interested to see what your fuel economy looks like afterwards as well. I've been getting in the high 50s on a regular basis and hoping I can continue that trend after a reflash.

Archived