The MT-07 Forum

Shorty Clutch Lever Settings

rapture333

Hey guys,

My FZ-07 came with short levers with adjustable sensitivity for the clutch and brake with 6 different settings. The 1 setting has the most give and provides a wider friction zone and more pull on the lever in order to shift gears while the 6 setting provides a very narrow friction zone with not much pull needed to switch gears. What is the best setting for shifting? By default I had my setting on 3, but I played around with the 6 setting and I could switch gears much faster, however my roommate says a wider friction zone with more pull on the clutch is more professional, is that true? I am also heading to the track next week and wanted to know if there was a preference between track and street settings. Thanks!

• Premium Member

What he told you is subjective. This is why there are different settings available. Choose the setting that is most comfortable for you. For me I chose a narrow friction zone so I launch much quicker and easier for me. Having a wider friction zone for me causes me to rev the bike too high. I guess its just second nature for me to want to get going and as soon as i let the clutch out the friction zone is right there and I just get on the throttle and it goes. If you stall too much with a narrow fiction zone then adjust the setting to give yourself more time to get it right. This also goes for the front brake. Because I only brake with one finger I choose to have the brake lever adjusted further away so that I can get more pull. I have long fingers anyway.  :D

Archived