The MT-07 Forum

New Decal for the FZ-07

Beemer

I just put these new decals on. At first glance they look like your average block letters but look closer and they have a carbon fiber look to them. They're even textured as though it is a woven fiber. Then there's the cool tuning fork logo next to it. I like the decal well enough. It's not too busy nor too bold or colorful and it matches my carbon fiber pipe. Got them off Amazon if anyone's interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Carbon-Fiber-Sticker-Decal-Yamaha/dp/B00KA7L1ZQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1442175910&sr=8-7&keywords=yamaha+decals

[attachment id=932" thumbnail="1][attachment id=933" thumbnail="1][attachment id=934" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

• Global Moderator

Now you just need @teamxdr 's ghost logo to make it a true yamahammer

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Looks good, but, you took off the blue striping?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Looks good, but, you took off the blue striping?
Yep, I didn't want it to look too busy and it didn't go with the look I wanted so it had to go. Actually, the color tied the grips/levers/screen to the bike or so I thought that was needed when I pin striped but it actually wasn't. It's a neutral color (white) so just about any other color will go with it so no tying in was really needed. Something else seemed a little off about it also that always kinda bugged me and I finally figured out what it was. It's the fact that with all the blocky panels that are either screwed on or snapped on, the streamlined pin-striping looked a little out of place. The blocky letters compliment the blocky panels, the pin-striping was too fluid, too classic and didn't match as well.

Beemer

Now you just need @teamxdr 's ghost logo to make it a true yamahammer
Did I miss something or is that a joke? Oh, wait, have people been waiting on a logo from him? (I don't always follow every thread)

Beemer

Added that sucker to my shopping cart :P
I think you'll like it ... about as much as a decal can be liked anyway. It's a bold bike so a bold decal is fitting.

Beemer

Did I miss something or is that a joke? Oh, wait, have people been waiting on a logo from him? (I don't always follow every thread)
http://fz07.org/thread/3627/side-fairing-badging-sale-thread
I've seen that but didn't know it was called the "Ghost Logo" so it threw me off. It looks good but I'm trying to keep my bike subdued to an extent. I don't want racey stripes on my bike.

Beemer

Archived