The MT-07 Forum

Bay Area Cali ride to Alice's Restaurant (HWY 84 & HWY 35)

slow06er

• Premium Member

For all the bay area riders (from SAC, to SF, to San Jose), I would like to setup for next weekend (Sep. 19 OR 20) a ride to Alice's Restaurant (to the intersection of HWY 84 & HWY 35), we could meet somewhere in San Mateo (near HWY 92) and go from there to Alice's Restaurant.

I will be riding from Fairfield, but I could meet you in San Mateo (we could meet around 10 AM near ARCO gas station on S Delaware St.), fill the bikes with gas, and ride from there.

Let me know if it sound like a good idea, and we could repeat the ride for the following weekends until the start of the winter (first day of rain) .

• Premium Member

I checked that link, and it is for south Cal ride meeting. I was proposing a ride for anybody who lives up north Cal , near the Bay Area (San Francisco).

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome slow06er! Does your name reference the speed you like to ride? If so I may take you up on the offer. Congratulations on getting the fastest color! Vote here!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
Welcome slow06er! Does your name reference the speed you like to ride? 
 My riding skills is fine, thank you. 
How is everyone thinking about riding on Sunday ? , it looks like it is going to be the better weather day.

the address to the ARCO gas station were we are meeting:

1950 S Delaware St
San Mateo, CA 94403-1426
United States

we could meet their around 10 AM, and wait for at least 30 min for the rest of the riders to arrive, and then afterward we could ride.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

@slow06er, not talking about riding skills, I mean pace. I've ridden with groups that have one speed - mach schnell - and won't ride with them again.

I like to enjoy the scenery during the ride. I'm going out of town this weekend but you mentioned repeating the ride so if it's a mellower pace I'd love to join in.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

hippiebikerchick, we could Taylor the ride to everybody's need, we could stop on the way and enjoy the scenery (take some group pictures if you want...!), or we could enjoy a slow riding pace and learn how our FZ 07 behave in the twisty road and share it with the group,
what I meant is I am proposing a group ride were all FZ 07 riders could meet, get to know each other's , and enjoy a day in the bay, and I think I should call this ride : " Enjoy A Day In The Bay Ride".  :)

• Premium Member

So who is going so far, I think I might have counted two people beside me. Can I get a head count, just reply (yes, I am going) OR ( no I can't go)

im down for sunday,but im on the lower pace side. Never did a road like that yet. Best ive done was santa roaa back roads and 101 for the bike, Over here mostly Guadalupe canyon and 101 south.. Does riding into san fran count for any thing.. Im a maybe then since my lack confidence.

• Premium Member

Alright tomorrow is the day, I will be heading to ARCO gas station at 10 am, whoever is coming with us tomorrow please try to be there also at 10 am, we will wait at the gas station until 10:30 am, and then we will start the ride. The address to ARCO gas station is :

1950 S Delaware St.
San Mateo, CA. 94403

I hope to see all of you there, and lets have a safe enjoyable ride.

• Premium Member

Ok, I am here at the ARCO station, it is 10:15 am, but nobody is here, where is everybody.
Well, I guess it is solo for me....!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

some pictures of the ride
[attachment id=969" thumbnail="1][attachment id=970" thumbnail="1][attachment id=971" thumbnail="1][attachment id=972" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member

My red FZ-07
[attachment id=973" thumbnail="1][attachment id=974" thumbnail="1][attachment id=975" thumbnail="1]

• 1 month later...

Too bad I missed this one, I need to check more often for bay area rides.

2015 FZ-07, Graphite
Puig Touring windscreen, custom fit frame sliders, graves fender eliminator, evotech radiator guard, mad hornets adjustable levers, and coming soon, two brothers S1R and EJK
RIP 01 DRZ-400 (crank failure)

Archived