The MT-07 Forum

New fz07 owner here!:) still waiting tho

qjohnson

Hey what's up guys. I just put my deposit on the grey and blue fz-07 earlier today! I'm so excited! The dealer said he should have it mid august so hopefully in 2 weeks or so. Am I crazy for already preordering the akrapovic exhaust? Lol. I can't stop watching videos and reading reviews on this bike. I almost got the fz-09 but after a few of my buddy's bought it I wanted to get something different and the fz-07 fit the bill. The looks and sound are 70 percent of what sold me on this bike. I'm stepping up from a Yamaha wr250x supermoto. Ahh I can't wait!!!! 

Welcome aboard Q, you won't be sorry. I just got mine today and cannot wait to top off the fluids go put some gas in it and head out for a ride.

Thanks! The wait is going to kill me! Haha. I'll be posting up everything I do to it.

I think we have all been there, some wait longer than others, I got lucky and a dealer got mine within a week. Others walk in and get one, and some wait months

Yeah that's true. The dealer Ill be picking mine up from said they will have a red one in a few days. I personally like the grey one so I opted to wait a little longer. I'm sure the red one will be gone the day they get it tho haha.

• Global Moderator

Hi qjohnson! Very cool, congrats. You are going to love it. The Akrapovic is one sweet exhaust but I would wait for the bike and ride it a bit so you can see what you really want to modify based on you own experience. Youtubes don't do sound any justice. The stock exhaust doesn't sound bad at all. That said, I will probably go for an Akra in the future lol

I stepped up from a WR250X too ! Amazing little bike but the FZ-07 is better at just about everything. You won't believe the power. And there are surprising similarities too. The feel, riding position etc..

• Premium Member

Welcome, this bike is like nothing else out there, you will love it. Make sure the dealer fills up all your fluids when you pick it up  :D

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Yeah the 250x is definitely a fun little bike! Wish I could keep it but it's being replace with something better:) and I'll definitely be checking the fluids before I ride off the lot! I've heard a lot of people say the stock exhaust sounds pretty good and I'm sure I'll like it but I'm the kind of guy that modifies the exhaust on basically anything I own lol. Anyone have any thoughts about needing a power commander for the exhaust? Or is that just needed when you start opening up the air box?

• Global Moderator

I like the stock exhaust. It sounds a lot better than in the videos. I am planning on keeping it.

Archived