The MT-07 Forum

Turn signal problems

darrooh

• Premium Member

So I just got in the mail the tail tidy and turn signals from creese1 off ebay. I've seen a couple other forum members who also purchased the same item. I do not have access to a soldering gun so I got some but connecter to get every thing all wired up. Before making anything permanent I tested that I was connecting the correct wires. After I got everything all permanently together I bolt everything back up, go to test it and I doesn't work. Fuse blown, i put in the one spare it comes with and that blew also. Not sure what to do now

• Global Moderator

You have a short somewhere. Perhaps at a connecter the wires are touching or a hot wire is touching the frame. Double check everything until you find it. Good luck and let us know what you find.

• Premium Member
You have a short somewhere. Perhaps at a connecter the wires are touching or a hot wire is touching the frame. Double check everything until you find it. Good luck and let us know what you find.

I took it back apart right after posting and you were right. It was a combination of wire touching and one of them actually slipped out the connection after I wrapped it with electrical tape. Got that all fixed and now it's all good!

Archived