The MT-07 Forum

New Owner in PA

Lusiphur

Hey folks. 

Some of you might know me from the Ninja 300 forums.  Same userid.  I have also had a mod named after me over there as I debadged my Ninja SE to get rid of the stickers I hated.  Ive owned the following bikes in the past
Suzuki katana 600
Honda CBR600f2
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
Honda CBR600RR
Buell CityX [XB9SX]
Buell Firbolt XBR1200

I just picked up my FZ-07.  I've named it T2 as the color scheme is called liquid graphite.  I had been searching for another Buell XB9SX and when I heard about the FZ-09 and then the 07, I decided to wait and check them out. Turns out, the 07 was exactly what I was looking for.  So without anymore build up, here is my first pic.

photo%202.jpg

My Ninja 300 is pretty decked out, so expect some changes to T2
My first planned mods are a Tail Tidy and to replace all 4 of the turn signals with something a little more appealing.
I also want a small windscreen just to cover up the wires. I really like the OEM Yamaha one and then I will get adjustable shorty levers.    I am very happy with how comfortable this bike is and will be using it to commute to work.   A new more aggressive sounding exhaust and a tuner to remap the AFR will be in the works too, but since exhausts are being developed by a bunch of companies, I am going to be patient and wait to see what all of the choices bring. 

Here is my Ninja 300.  The Bar you see if part of my Ventura Pack system.  I normally do not have that on.  I am going to need to get the appropriate one for T2

NewTankPaint.jpg

My other cool mod is my helmet.  This is a custom airbrushed SHoei X-11.  I have an Interphone F4 Bluetooth system on it so I can listen to Music, GPS Directions and know when I get an incoming phone call.   No Worries.  I pull over and stop to talk.  That's just too distracting and dangerous IMHO.  Siri on the iPhone actually makes the Interphone F4 extremely powerful. 
Skull-1.jpg

The wife and I are DINKS.  Double Income No Kids, so we do have a bunch of toys.  
I have a tricked out 400+RWHP Saturn Sky Redline

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

The wife has 220HP First Gen Super Charged Mini Cooper S
IMG_1460.jpg

My other passion is 4 wheeling.  I have a 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon on 37s with tons of mods. 
IMG_0127.jpg

and our normal vehicle is a Ford F-150 STX.  I can use this to tow the jeep on a trailer or transport the bikes when need be.

photo%201.jpg

Our last little bit of silliness is a Propane Powered Go-Ped and an electric Pocket Bike
Go-Ped%20and%20Firefly.jpg

It's good to be here.   

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator

Nice set of toys you got there. Living the American dream! God Bless Capitalism  8-)

I will put something together and do that.

The wife and I rode to dinner on the FZ-07 tonight. It barely felt like I had a passenger. This bike is so awesome.

njdevils1990

Awesome! Another member who came from the Buell world!

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

Heck yea, I still follow EBR. His new bike is sick, but its not what I was looking for as far as a street bike.
The 07 seems to follow all the principles that Erik believed in. I have no doubt in my mind the FZ-07 and 09 would get a serious thumbs up from Mr. Buell himself

As I have done on another forum, I will use this thread to post my bikes progression and keep everything in one place.

Yamaha Cowl [This winter I am having it painted to match the Graphitte on the rest of the bike.
photo%205.jpg

Evotech Performance Radiator Guard
photo%201.jpg

CRG Shorty Clutch Lever
photo%202_1.jpg

CRG Shorty Brake Lever
photo%203.jpg

I just went out for about an hour ride.
The CRG levers make a huge difference. Not only did I adjust the distance from the lever to the handlebar, but I spent time and rotated both assemblies so that the Mirrors were better aligned and perfectly up/down for optimal reach and leverage.

I cruised around 70mph and was surprised as how comfortable that was. It must be my 5'5" height but the wind was hitting me squarely in the chest and I had zero pressure on my helmet. The end result was my neck muscles never had any strain. I was expecting this to be the opposite of my Ninja 300, where, oddly enough, I like the FZ-07 better at speed. Time for a double bubble on the Ninja.

So I went to EBR the other day and saw that he is jumping back into the Street fighter again. It's too much bike for me, but pretty cool.

So Today, I took apart the rear of my bike
image.jpg

So I could install a Fender Eliminator that I bought off Ebay. I had exchanged numerous emails with the seller because he has matching front LED lights that maintain the DRLs and it comes with a nice and small License plate light
image_1.jpg

I am very happy with the final Product. Here is a shot from the back
image_2.jpg

Side view which is so much better without that big rudder
image_3.jpg

Holy Cow dude do you have a link to this fender eliminator with LED's on ebay? You're bike looks so darn good <3

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

Awesome! Thanks man! Are they an easy install? I have never worked on a bike before but i want to do all the maintenance and mods myself!

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

Are your front LED's the same ones that come with the tail tidy for 75$?

Oh and do you have a link for those shorty levers too? They also look bomb man! You have good taste in vehicles over all dude! I'm gonna copy all your mods and come up to Pennsylvania from MD and you'll think you're seeing double! HEHEHE

Its really not too bad. The fronts are especially easy. To tighten down the nut, though, you need a solid set of needle nose pliers to fit in the opening. I can take better pics of that in the future if needed.

The rears, as noted, need a nut and bolt as you end ip,removing a piece so the push pins dont fit anymore. The fix for that has been documented a couple of times on the forum

The rears, as noted, need a nut and bolt as you end ip,removing a piece so the push pins dont fit anymore. The fix for that has been documented a couple of times on the forum
I have no idea what you said here mate. But i just ordered the tail tidy for 75$ should be here in a couple of days. 
Do you know where i can get those shorty levers too?

And this nut and bolt i need? Home depot? Will that work?

I have the same tail tidy sitting in the garage. Just waiting on the bike still lol. It actually looks pretty good!

I have the same tail tidy sitting in the garage. Just waiting on the bike still lol. It actually looks pretty good!
Same exact problem here bro, put the 1500$ deposit down like July 24th still no liquid graphite FZ07 :'( 

Tonight I rotated my handlebars backwards. I always felt like they were not installed at the correct angle. After rotating them backwards, the turn signal indicator, horn button and the section with the hazards and on off switch are now rotated properly. After viewing that, I am positive they were rotated too far forward. I did a quick side to side check and I have the same distance between the bar ends and tank as I do on my other bike. It felt SOOOOOOOO much better on the test ride

Lenny
Here is a picture that shows what I meant by using bolts instead of pushpins for the fender eliminator,
IMG_0036_2.jpg

and because my bike is sexy, I had to take a new side picture. This is purely to brag. No technical blah blah needed.
IMG_0035_2.jpg

I am trying to decide if I want to paint those black
Or
have a local shop powder coat them to match the rims.

The easiest option would be to paint them to match the rear swing arm, but when do I take the easiest option
:D

Archived