The MT-07 Forum

New Owner in PA

Lusiphur

I am trying to decide if I want to paint those black Or
have a local shop powder coat them to match the rims.

The easiest option would be to paint them to match the rear swing arm, but when do I take the easiest option
:D
Ohhh paint them to match the wheels.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a direct link
http://www.motostarz.com/filter-by-bike/yamaha/fz-07-mt-07/evotech-performance-radiator-guard-for-2014-yamaha-mt-07.html

I forgot that I added TPMS to my motorcycle.
http://www.hardracing.com/images/tpms2.jpg

I ordered a Flash2Pass for the bike as well.  I will have to figure out what wire delivers the high beam electric. 
It's an awesome mod so you can open your garage door

I will put something together and do that. 
The wife and I rode to dinner on the FZ-07 tonight. It barely felt like I had a passenger. This bike is so awesome.
I couldn't agree more!  It is such a huge difference than my Honda Shadow where the bike acted MUCH differently with her on it. I haven't done any real long rides with her on the back yet, but looking to in the near future! 

• Premium Member
Tonight I rotated my handlebars backwards. I always felt like they were not installed at the correct angle. After rotating them backwards, the turn signal indicator, horn button and the section with the hazards and on off switch are now rotated properly. After viewing that, I am positive they were rotated too far forward. I did a quick side to side check and I have the same distance between the bar ends and tank as I do on my other bike. It felt SOOOOOOOO much better on the test ride

Lenny
Here is a picture that shows what I meant by using bolts instead of pushpins for the fender eliminator,
IMG_0036_2.jpg

Thank you so much for the link for the EP Rad guard!  I was looking at this pic with your solution for the push pics and had a question...

Doesn't that black plastic piece go inside of the painted pieces?  I haven't taken mine all apart yet, so I was curious...

- Paulie

Hmmmmm maybe
Can you take a picture of that section of your bike for me?

I want to run the wires cleaner so I was going to remove and drill a hole through the tail tidy at some point

It sure would make putting the bike back together easier if you are right

• Premium Member
Hmmmmm maybe Can you take a picture of that section of your bike for me?

I want to run the wires cleaner so I was going to remove and drill a hole through the tail tidy at some point

It sure would make putting the bike back together easier if you are right
Check it out in these instructions for the Vagabond Motorsports Fender Eliminator... 

http://www.vagabondmotorsports.com/media/VM-Y720%20Installation%20Instructions.pdf

- Paulie

So tonight I decided to give this another try. After removing everything again, I modified the tail tidy. I drilled a hole in it to run the wires through
photo%201_3.jpg

and once I was done, the wiring is much cleaner and I was able to use some washers to properly anchor the pushpins again
photo%203_2.jpg

and yes I had this section re-installed improperly before.  the above is how is should be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Lookin' good! 
- Paulie
I was helping someone else out with a tail tidy install, and wanted to extend my thanks for you helping me.   I can't remember if I did or not.
So thank you!!!!!

Yes it is. I posted a link to it in the amazon thread.
I took some more pictures of how I mounted it and will post them up soon

I'm on the other side of the state from you.
To mount my rear tank bank I took the 4 included attachment straps [Which had 1 Plastic hook] and I converted them to 2 Straps that have the hooks on both ends like so.
IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

and this is how I attached it to the rear seat
IMG_1459.jpg

• Premium Member

Is it possible to luggage lock the zipper on the bag? I could not tell from the photos I had seen. I'm in the city, so crimes of opportunity are frequent - even though a luggage lock can be easily defeated, 99% of the time something simple is enough of a deterrent. I assume I can figure out a way to run strap connections under the seat so it cant be popped off from above.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived