The MT-07 Forum

2WDW for M4 exhaust reflash sending out ASAP!

jayrexer

So glad that I was able to find this forum and the guys at 2WDW for the ECU flash. 

I will be sending out my ECU tomorrow, and was wondering if any of the board members here have done the reflash for the M4 map and could give me their feedback on the flash?

I an confirm that you will be pleased. More power, smoother power. You will be using all of your engine now.

That's what I was hoping to hear. I've read the other reviews here on the forum, but just wanted to see if the opinion is still the same.

Sent in Tuesday, and they received it Friday.

Called me to set up payment and sent it back out to me the same day.

So far pleased with the service.

Got the ECU back today!

Very pleased with the result so far.

It is raining heavily here right now and I can't ride, but I can say that the throttle response was better.

It also didn't smell as bad and the bike started and idled much easier.

THANK YOU 2WDW!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

how much was it? Do I get a local discount if I take my bike to you when the weather gets warmer?

AlbatrossCafe
how much was it? Do I get a local discount if I take my bike to you when the weather gets warmer?
I took mine in locally even though it was literally flooding last weekend lol. They are about 5 minutes from my work. I didn't ask/get a discount but they will do the removal and re-installation of the plastics and ECU for you, and add a new air filter or whatever other related install work you might have at no extra cost. Email to set it up. Then y[span][/span]ou can ride it, chat with the tech 30 minutes, and then ride it home with the flash. 

• Premium Member

@albatrosscafe did they do the K&N filter? I am not too sure about that "mod" but it seems like it helps with HP?

AlbatrossCafe
@albatrosscafe did they do the K&N filter? I am not too sure about that "mod" but it seems like it helps with HP?
I ordered the K&N Online and had them install it. It is an easy install that I could have done but I figured I would just do it all at once while I had the plastics off. The air filter increasing power is heavily debated - for the average non-racing rider there will probably be no noticeable change. I just did it because I like to use K&N for the life of my bikes so I don't have to keep buying paper filters. 
At least for my bike with the Akra Carbon exhaust, they have a flash for an FZ with the K&N and without the K&N.

Archived