The MT-07 Forum

Sorry guys but these are girlie details

hippiebikerchick

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I think the FZ07 has some girlie things on it: Heart shaped seat, heart shaped taillight and scalloped brake rotors. Please don't kick me off the forum for pointing this out. <snicker>

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

How are scalloped rotors girlie? I guess I may have to reluctantly agree on the seat, but the tail light is rather angular, which seems masculine to me.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
How are scalloped rotors girlie? I guess I may have to reluctantly agree on the seat, but the tail light is rather angular, which seems masculine to me.
Well, you're really going to hate me now, the rotors remind me of a frilly doily! The taillight I think is shaped like a stylized angular heart. I really like it but we don't have to look at it since we are in the seat. It can be a masculine heart too.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Good thing I like girly bits then ::)  
You have seen THIS right?
No I hadn't but I LOVE it! Thanks!

Guest MXRider

I'm not much a fan of the stock rotors either. I prefer the full wave rotors like what Galfer makes or normal round discs.

The heart shape seat is kinda cool looking too. Yamaha has been doing that in a few bikes for a while now.

My motorcycle is a girl so it'd better have girlie details :)
I particularly like the way the tail light is integrated. As far as the rotors go...well, if they stop the bike properly and they do that in a consistent, reliable manner - I am good with them :).

I think the FZ07 has some girlie things on it: Heart shaped seat, heart shaped taillight and scalloped brake rotors. Please don't kick me off the forum for pointing this out. <snicker>
Actually they "heart" shapes that are prevalent on the bike were designed to mimic the "M" Fangs logo of the whole MT branding in EURO/JP. Would have been more obvious if they kept it the MT-07 on our side too. 
[url=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2184617/2014_YAM_CAMP_EU_NA_KEY_MT07-launch-OS_01-cr-1680x550.jpg[/url]
[/img]

FZ07 Mods: Akrapovic Ti - Shorai Lithium Battery - Pazzo Levers - OEM Flyscreen

Actually they "heart" shapes that are prevalent on the bike were designed to mimic the "M" Fangs logo of the whole MT branding in EURO/JP. Would have been more obvious if they kept it the MT-07 on our side too. 
[url=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2184617/2014_YAM_CAMP_EU_NA_KEY_MT07-launch-OS_01-cr-1680x550.jpg[/url]
[/img]

I never understood why they had to change the name?! Like they don't do it on the R1 or the R6 but they do it on some other bikes too? What;s up with that.  
As to per the Original topic the FZ07 in graphite/blue is anything but girly. I don't know about all ya'll bro's with the red FZ07's though hehehe, come on now mang!

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

• 4 months later...
scobiwonkenobi

While some of the 'girly' bits did not go without notice, my fat-bottomed girls always remark how 'comfy' the seat looks...the hourglass shape of the bike when viewed standing next to it did not go unnoticed either. She is a sweet beasty indeed.

2015 FZ-07 # 468

• Premium Member

There are definitely feminine curves to certain parts of the bike. It's kind of got the hourglass thing going on viewed from the top.

Yamaha designers look like they had excellent sources of inspiration.

Everything went braap.

Hey, if you ask me, I'm fine with all of the feminine features on this bike. It just proves that the name Zoey really does suit her. She is a smoking hot girl and these points all prove it. ;)

Archived