The MT-07 Forum

Damper rod tool

paulibiker

Does the FZ07 damper rod have a hex in the top? Need to make a tool to hold it. Not sure if I can use "all thread" and a couple of nuts or if I need to use a tapered rod.

scordiaboy515

They do not, I just took one of the OEM dampers out of my parts box and checked. Break the top caps loose while the forks are still in the triple clamps....break the damper rod bolts loose while the forks are still assembled. The factory uses lock tight on these bolts...they should come apart easily.  I had one fork give me some problems with the damper rod spinning.....I just used a long 3/8 extension and held it tight to the top of the damper rod and backed out the bolt.  Hope this helps

• Premium Member

Flip upside down and compress it using some body weight (left hand.) With the right hand, use an extension hex head socket, zap it with an impact. 171f0e289cb241d1a4efb18961451a0c.jpg
If you already have the oil drained, then put the spring back in with the spacer and flip it upside down and proceed to hit it with the impact. It'll still work.

Archived