The MT-07 Forum

VOZZ rear entry motorcycle helmet

jake

• Premium Member

6 step removal process in an emergency? Who has time to scan a bar code and then read directions on how to remove? My RF1200 just has 2 emergency straps to pull in order to remove the chin strap to remove the helmet. I'd be nervous I would pinch the side of my head or neck somewhere...LOL

booboobusfz07

Been an emt for 5 years.
Fuck that shit. Seriously ain't no way I'm scanning some stupid bar code nor do I carry a screwdriver on my ambulance.
Wanna wear it on a track fine, but stay the hell off my streets an response area.

Would make removal so much more difficult.
What if you have an airway emergency? Need oxygen or intubation ? I can't do it with a helmet on. an you'll probably die before I can get it off with a fucking screwdriver

It's a neat concept. I really do like it. But it needs a lot more work before it's accident ready.

• Global Moderator

Why not a simple pin instead of screws?
Or perhaps a locking clip of sorts

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

It's a great concept... makes for super fast on/off gear which is one of its highlights. Just concerned about how well it stays shut.

And the removal process in an accident? Couldn't an EMT just hit the buttons that the rider uses to open/close the helmet? Taking out screws just made it sound way more inconvenient.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

I can see this reducing additional head/neck trauma post wreck as opposed to a traditional helmet during the removal process. Otherwise it's a non-improvement in my opinion.

Everything went braap.

booboobusfz07
Couldn't an EMT just hit the buttons that the rider uses to open/close the helmet? Taking out screws just made it sound way more inconvenient.  

This would cause unnecessary/unwanted movement to the neck. We would have to roll the patient more or risk jerking the head back an forth while pulling the top of and sliding the back out.
Pulling the cheek pads and sliding the helmet straight up may seem risky, but as practiced as we are it can be done quite smoothly

Archived