The MT-07 Forum

New Member from Tennessee

coleman67

Hi Ya'll !  New member here from Tennessee.  Although I haven't yet "taken the plunge" and purchased a new FZ-07 yet , I am in the process of gathering insurance quotes and calling dealerships.  I found a local dealer that has one bike in stock, but not in the color I want.  I was told that , with a minimum deposit, they can have a bike (in red) delivered in just a few weeks.  I will most likely be taking a trip to the dealership soon, and can use all of the encouragement I can get!  I am not new to street bikes, having owned several over the years --  1983 Yamaha XJ650 , 1993 Suzuki GS550 , 1994 Suzuki GSX600F , 2004 Suzuki Volusia , 1974 Honda CB550 ....  I currently enjoy restoring and riding my 1975 Yamaha XS650B --  but want a more modern bike I can ride for extended periods while I continue to wrench on the XS.  I was first interested in the FZ-09, but feel that the FZ-07 would be a better fit for me.  I'm looking forward to learning more about the FZ-07  from the good folks on this forum.  Ya'll let me know what you think about your new bikes  --  Thanks !!

• Global Moderator

Welcome coleman67, Thanks for joining us, quite a bike career!

Sweet, a XS650! A classic for sure. Feel free to post some pics, I'd love to see it.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome coleman67! You made a wise color choice, the red ones rock! And, according to our poll, they are the fastest color too! Lots of good tips here, hope you'll stick around.

Illegitimi non carborundum

OK Guru -- I think I have this photobucket thing figured out....
hippiebikerchick --  I am definitely a fan of red!
100_4196_zps31e618b1.jpg

• Premium Member

Welcome. Check out the insurance price thread for some general price ideas. Just got mine with State Farm today for $36 a month.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Archived